Recipes & how to make ( vape - oils - edibles - wax - shatter-RSO ) lets all share are ways and recipes

Me too love it great stuff

1 Like

This was my project yesterdayā€¦I made a batch of vape juice from my leaves and trim. I was a bit concerned about potency since I took my plants early due to weather so added three pre-rolls and some keif that I got free from my dispensary.

Here are the tools and products used.

Decarbed the trim and bud/kief. It was about an ounce of material.

And we can beginā€¦

I added a 70/30 mix of PG/VG

Pushed a few buttons and off I went for 8 hours

When it was all done I poured it though the MB2 filter, cheese cloth and a strainer. This is what I ended up with.

Itā€™s an emerald green color and has an herby odor to it. Of course I didnā€™t plan it very well and donā€™t have an empty tank to try it with and my flavorings havenā€™t arrived yet. But (because I couldnā€™t wait) I coated the back of spoon and tried it that way since itā€™s technically a tincture. It didnā€™t taste horrible and gave me a bit of a buzz so I think I can say it was a successful run. I am hoping the flavoring will mask the herby flavor when itā€™s mixed though.

@daz49 @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @ktreez420 @MBgrower

4 Likes

very nice. That is a very vape-able mix for sure @AnneBonny

What flavoring did you buy?

How much pg/vg did you use and wind up with?

@bob31 I couldnā€™t make up my mind on the flavors and liked the sweetness of the chocolope from my first run so I got chocolate, mint, chocolate hazelnut, butterscotch and English toffee. Likely overkill but I like to have options and with the amount of vape juice I have now I can try several to see what I like.

This is @SilentHippie recipe awesome thanks again for sharing wanted to make sure everyone seen it Ok folks, as promised Iā€™ll share some knowledge about e-liquid. Now understand, Iā€™ve never made cannabis infused juice before so the process of getting your plant to usable liquid is something Iā€™m not familiar with. That said, I imagine a simple substitution ā€œshouldā€ do the trick. Iā€™ve been making e-liquid for over 3 years and owned a juice company for about a year and a half (FDA regulations made it impossible for me to stay in business) but I still have a small, loyal customer base that I ā€œdealā€ juice to. lol
There are only 4 ingredients in e-liquid. Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG), Flavoring (generally mixed in a PG solution), and Liquid Nicotine (this is where Iā€™d imagine the liquid cannabis would be substituted).
VG is the main ingredient. Itā€™s mostly flavorless but does taste sweet and is what makes the clouds. Always use USP Grade VG as it is deemed ā€œsafe to vapeā€. PG is generally considered a thinner and also a flavor carrier, hence the reason most flavoring has PG in it. PG is also what gives you ā€œthroat hitā€, that burning sensation in your throat when you inhale. Too much PG makes me cough so all of my recipes are ā€œMax VGā€ meaning the only PG in my juice is what the flavoring already has in it. My recipes run from 75/25 VG/PG all the way to 90/10. Higher VG juices are thicker and sometimes donā€™t wick well in less expensive vape tanks. Iā€™ve heard that you can thin juice down with a small amount of distilled water but Iā€™ve never tried it.
Making the juice is simple, just mix the ingredients together and youā€™re good to go. Juice does go through a curing process known as steeping. Usually takes 1 to 2 weeks as it takes time for some flavors to come out in the juice. Generally speaking though, if your juice is good right away, it will only get better as it ages, much like our green leafy friends! However, if your juice is not good straight away, I always recommend to let it sit for a week and try it again. If it still sucks, let it go a second week and try it. At that point, if itā€™s still cat piss, throw it out. Iā€™ve had disgusting recipes turn out to be glorious after a couple week steep and also horrible recipes that stayed that way. The flavors develop and mix, bringing the recipe together.
As far as where to get the ingredients, I use 2 sites predominantly, Heartlandvapes.com, and Bullcityflavors.com. Heartland has a really nice starter kit that has everything you need to make a decent amount of e-liquid, including syringes for measuring, bottles, and bases (PG/VG/Nic). Both sites have a large selection of flavoring. Iā€™ve bought USP grade VG from Amazon before and it works fine.
If youā€™re looking for recipes, e-liquid-recipes.com1 is the only site youā€™ll need. Itā€™s user driven, has thousands of recipes, a calculator to create/save your recipes, and features to keep track of what flavors you have in your stash as well as a feature to cross reference your flavors against all the recipes to see what you can make. Best part, FREE!
Now to what youā€™ve been waiting for. These are 3 of my best selling recipes. The names are changed but the recipes are exactly how I make them.
Strawberry Banana

Banana Cream (LorAnn Flavors) 7%
Dragonfruit (The Flavor/Perfumers Apprentice) 5%
Strawberry (sweet) (The Flavor/Perfumers Apprentice) 8%
Tart and Sour (LorAnn Flavors) 1%
Spearmint Gum

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 4%
Spearmint (Natural) (FlavorWest) 4%
Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA) 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 17%
Morning Madness

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 1%
Berry (Crunch) Cereal (TPA) 5%
Dairy Milk (TPA) 4%
DX Sweet Cream (TPA) 2%
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 3%
Marshmallow (TPA) 2%
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 8%
The recipe can be plugged into an e-liquid calculator and the values will be translated into ml to make any amount you like along with the Nic/Cannabis, VG, and PG needed. Hint: 1 Fl oz is 30 ml.
If anyone has any questions,Iā€™m glad to help, feel free to ask! Iā€™ve been picking all of your brains to get my first grow going and this is a small token of my appreciation.
Enjoy!

Edit: I hope the links I posted are acceptable and fall within the guidelines of the forum. Any discrepancies, please let me know and Iā€™ll delete them.
@bob31

4 Likes

@AnneBonny

Did you order LorAnnā€™s? My wife loves coconut so my last batch is flavored with LorAnnā€™s coconut flavorings

Here you go @bob31ā˜šŸ»

@Hogmaster
Lol beat me to it. I started a new thread

1 Like

Started with 3 cups of liquid and ended up with about two and a half cups. I would have had more but I a had little malfunction with my sieve set up and lost a bit to the counter. Scrapped up some of it (and was tempted to lick the rest off the counter so it wouldnā€™t go to waste but refrained :wink:). With the MB2 machine itā€™s a 2 cup minimum and I started with 2 but it didnā€™t quite cover the trim and was smoking so thought it best to add more.

I did order from Lorannā€™s. I actually went to Michaels first to get because I used to get the cinnamon flavor for my candies there but now they only carry the fruity flavors so I went online. @bob31

2 Likes

@Hogmaster @SilentHippie Iā€™m sorry guys I scrolled back thru and I missed it somehow. Also even though I was tagged in the post i never got notified. I scrolled though my notifications looking for it. Ok, thanks for posting! Now to read it! LOL

2 Likes

@bob31
I apologize for my long windedness. Lol

1 Like

not at all. I have read a lot of vape recipes and yours goes into more detail! Thanks for posting that @SilentHippie Itā€™s not rocket science. I already have the pg and vg as well as some of the flavorings. I bought a small trial pack of LorAnnā€™s flavorings itā€™s really just getting enough bud or concentrate to make some and I am working on that now!

Thanks again for posting and @Hogmaster for getting me back on track!

2 Likes

thanls @AnneBonny let me know when you take the next step! Interested to see! thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@Hogmaster did you get your press yet?

@bob31 Not yet said Wednesday I should be getting my extraction tubes tomorrow to make BHO

2 Likes

@daz49 I figured I would move the discussion here so we can keep the info all in one place (Good and bad)!

1 Like

Cushty brother, that just means cool and thatā€™s good and all that stuff lol

1 Like

so you got two tanks pre-filled with SK? or? Where did you get the SK from?

1 Like

The sk I got from amazon with the 510, I didnā€™t realise they didnā€™t come with the tank, so I got a double pack of the silver oneā€™s, they took the longest to come and finally came today

1 Like

ok, cool.

can you post the link to the SK oil on amazon?

ps mine came with a tank but I bought a 5 pack of extra tanks so iā€™d have plenty.

1 Like