Recipes & how to make ( vape - oils - edibles - wax - shatter-RSO ) lets all share are ways and recipes

@bob31 If you have a Christmas Tree Shop or Joann Fabrics or Michaels near you they sell Ball canning jars individually for a few bucks. You can pick the size you prefer. I used a pint jar and it was a good size.

Are the dry cape pens any good for someone with COPD. ? Do you still get high just and just go through more buds to get there ? A decent one is close to 100 bucks and I just dont trust the sales guy at the vape shop who gets commission bonuses on sales . Does anyone use these ?

1 Like

@Hogmaster Iā€™m thinking of going this route. How big of a rice cooker do you use? Is that bowl in the picture you posted part of the rice cooker or is that a rig you set up? Can you put right in the rice cooker? The plan I was thinking of is to do the grain alcohol infusion in the magical butter machine and then cook it down in the rice cooker but I was thinking I just poured the infused alcohol right into the rice cooker. Is that not correct? I have a gas stove so not even an option there. First I was thinking of an electric hot plate but I think the rice cooker is better. Thanks ~ AB

@AnneBonny Itā€™s just a cheap small rice cooker Iā€™ve had for 20 years and I use a Pyrex bowl fill the rice cooker above water set the Pyrex dish on top with the double boiler method have fans going put the alcohol in the freezer but your material in the freezer then I put it in a mason jar One that you can put about an ounce in and have a little bit of air in your only get about 4 maybe 5 g out of one ounce shake the jar for about five minutes lightly run it through a coffee strainer into the Pyrex dish and then cook off the alcohol itā€™s easier to get out of the Pyrex dish then it is the rice shake the jar for about five minutes lightly run it through a coffee strainer into the Pyrex dish and then cook off the alcohol itā€™s easier to get out of the Pyrex dish than it is the rice cooker hope that explains it a little better

2 Likes

@AnneBonny If you need any further help please let me know make sure you have a lot of circulation because itā€™s strong and I would highly suggest doing it outside

Thanks @Hogmaster I will hit you with more questions Iā€™m sure. Iā€™m still curing so am in the planning stage and was thinking this would be a safer way to do itā€¦and yes I was going to do it outside too. Thanks!

1 Like

When using this method you can do with fresh flower as well I personally have not done a wet run but I will be in the coming weeks @BrayneGro has told me about it Iā€™m sure he would be happy to share as well but I will let you know how mine turns out as well

1 Like

Nice thanks for the reply buddy @ktreez420 Iā€™m doing the catch up thing with the treads right now been super busy

1 Like

@bob31 thanks for the tag in this one brother grest link

@Countryboyjvd1971, @daz49, @bob31, @MBgrower

Ok folks, as promised Iā€™ll share some knowledge about e-liquid. Now understand, Iā€™ve never made cannabis infused juice before so the process of getting your plant to usable liquid is something Iā€™m not familiar with. That said, I imagine a simple substitution ā€œshouldā€ do the trick. Iā€™ve been making e-liquid for over 3 years and owned a juice company for about a year and a half (FDA regulations made it impossible for me to stay in business) but I still have a small, loyal customer base that I ā€œdealā€ juice to. lol

There are only 4 ingredients in e-liquid. Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG), Flavoring (generally mixed in a PG solution), and Liquid Nicotine (this is where Iā€™d imagine the liquid cannabis would be substituted).
VG is the main ingredient. Itā€™s mostly flavorless but does taste sweet and is what makes the clouds. Always use USP Grade VG as it is deemed ā€œsafe to vapeā€. PG is generally considered a thinner and also a flavor carrier, hence the reason most flavoring has PG in it. PG is also what gives you ā€œthroat hitā€, that burning sensation in your throat when you inhale. Too much PG makes me cough so all of my recipes are ā€œMax VGā€ meaning the only PG in my juice is what the flavoring already has in it. My recipes run from 75/25 VG/PG all the way to 90/10. Higher VG juices are thicker and sometimes donā€™t wick well in less expensive vape tanks. Iā€™ve heard that you can thin juice down with a small amount of distilled water but Iā€™ve never tried it.

Making the juice is simple, just mix the ingredients together and youā€™re good to go. Juice does go through a curing process known as steeping. Usually takes 1 to 2 weeks as it takes time for some flavors to come out in the juice. Generally speaking though, if your juice is good right away, it will only get better as it ages, much like our green leafy friends! However, if your juice is not good straight away, I always recommend to let it sit for a week and try it again. If it still sucks, let it go a second week and try it. At that point, if itā€™s still cat piss, throw it out. Iā€™ve had disgusting recipes turn out to be glorious after a couple week steep and also horrible recipes that stayed that way. The flavors develop and mix, bringing the recipe together.

As far as where to get the ingredients, I use 2 sites predominantly, Heartlandvapes.com, and Bullcityflavors.com. Heartland has a really nice starter kit that has everything you need to make a decent amount of e-liquid, including syringes for measuring, bottles, and bases (PG/VG/Nic). Both sites have a large selection of flavoring. Iā€™ve bought USP grade VG from Amazon before and it works fine.

If youā€™re looking for recipes, e-liquid-recipes.com is the only site youā€™ll need. Itā€™s user driven, has thousands of recipes, a calculator to create/save your recipes, and features to keep track of what flavors you have in your stash as well as a feature to cross reference your flavors against all the recipes to see what you can make. Best part, FREE!

Now to what youā€™ve been waiting for. These are 3 of my best selling recipes. The names are changed but the recipes are exactly how I make them.

Strawberry Banana

Banana Cream (LorAnn Flavors) 7%
Dragonfruit (The Flavor/Perfumers Apprentice) 5%
Strawberry (sweet) (The Flavor/Perfumers Apprentice) 8%
Tart and Sour (LorAnn Flavors) 1%

Spearmint Gum

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 4%
Spearmint (Natural) (FlavorWest) 4%
Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA) 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 17%

Morning Madness

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 1%
Berry (Crunch) Cereal (TPA) 5%
Dairy Milk (TPA) 4%
DX Sweet Cream (TPA) 2%
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 3%
Marshmallow (TPA) 2%
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 8%

The recipe can be plugged into an e-liquid calculator and the values will be translated into ml to make any amount you like along with the Nic/Cannabis, VG, and PG needed. Hint: 1 Fl oz is 30 ml.
If anyone has any questions,Iā€™m glad to help, feel free to ask! Iā€™ve been picking all of your brains to get my first grow going and this is a small token of my appreciation.

Enjoy!

Edit: I hope the links I posted are acceptable and fall within the guidelines of the forum. Any discrepancies, please let me know and Iā€™ll delete them.
@bob31

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that with us @SilentHippie
Iā€™m getting ready to venture into making my own vape here soon
I plan on making rosin and in fusing that into my VG at a low temp in a double boiler not sure if that will work or not ?
Iā€™ll be checking out those links you posted for sure tho

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971
I would imagine it should be fine. Youā€™d just set the Nic value to 0 and the calculator will factor it out. Iā€™m not sure how the flavor of the weed will effect the flavor of the recipe but if itā€™s mild, the flavoring should cover it up. Iā€™ve honestly never had infused e-liquid and was curious how it tastes.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried it once wasnā€™t happy with the effects but it tasted ok just weak it wa sgiven to me by a friend who got it for me
Iā€™ll definitely let you know and I believe the flavoring will be enough to hide the taste
Iā€™ll definitely tag you when I try it out wait for my rosin press to show up should be here by the first at the latest
I also plan on infusing oils for my wife so this should be a fun learning experience for me @SilentHippie

1 Like

Canā€™t wait. Iā€™d like to try it myself but I need to focus on my grow first! Donā€™t wanna put the cart before the horse!

1 Like

Well sound like you got things right then hahahaha yeah I just finished up a grow super silver haze and Gorilla Glue indoors
Getting ready to drop some gold leaf beans in a few weeks
I have a super hash auto growing in my small tent now should be done in another 3weeks or so plus I have two more gg and ssh monster cropped clone going in my green house :+1: Harvest time in October

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m suffering a little bud envy right now! lol
I canā€™t wait to get to the point where growing becomes second nature like making juice. Iā€™ll get there. The journey is the best part.

1 Like

Yes youā€™ll get there my friend
The growing becomes addictive in it self
I went from one homemade box two three tents and a green house in a year
before that I was outdoors only but my first grow in my current location when I bought the house I lost most of my crop to something not human so I moved indoors @SilentHippie

1 Like

Anybody use the Farmtovape.com product to make ā€œwee-juiceā€ lol? I love the stuff!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I use it all the time! Great Stuff! I also have recipes to make my own!

@ktreez420

1 Like

Pure CBD Vapors is having a ten percent off special tonight only

www.purecbdvapors.com Use coupon code ā€œpurecbd10ā€

But I will give you a tip! Go to their site and register for an account. They sent me a 20% off code and it included free shipping!

If you donā€™t want to create an account then use the ten percent off code!

2 Likes