Recipe to make marijuana butter

Hi Guys,

Here’s a nice recipe to make marijuana butter. Compound butters are simply butters infused with other ingredients like herbs or garlic, so marijuana fits right in with that concept. But instead of creaming all the ingredients together, the butter needs to be heated to extract the THC. For the extraction apparatus, Leo used a double boiler that could not get the butter any hotter than 212°F, so the risk of degrading the THC was quite low. A slow cooker set to low and covered would also work well.

The butter will be faintly green and have a pleasant, herbal aroma. I covered mine with foil, marked it with a warning label with a “radioactive” symbol, and stored it in the refrigerator. It will keep there for up to a month.

1 ounce dried low-THC trim
1 pound butter

1. Pulverize the trim in a spice mill. Cut the butter into chunks, place it in the top of a double boiler, and turn up the heat to high. When the butter has melted and is hot—about 10 minutes—add the pulverized trim and stir.

2. Let the marijuana steep in the butter, stirring occasionally. After about 20 minutes, turn off the heat and remove the top of the double boiler. Let the butter cool for thirty minutes.

3. Line a strainer with 10 layers of cheesecloth. Place the strainer over a medium bowl, then pour the butter through the cheesecloth to catch the cannabis particles. Transfer the butter from the bowl to small tubs.

makes 1 pound

2 Likes

Yeah, I just figured something out, while I wait for several books, I need a “spice mill” to grind properly. Yeah, I am totally rooky on this, I mean, I don’t want to do anything wrong and waste weed I purchased at a dispensary, and my ideas of experimenting with my own grow is, well, not to be taking place as soon as I thought.

Speaking of butter, I wonder if this could be done with margarine instead, I mean, I was already supposed to lose weight, I mean, if I have to use butter, wow, I won’t be able to fake a cholesterol test, or, ha, I need to use that type of strain that makes ya feel more active, errrrr, eat some edibles, get on the treadmill? Lift weights?

Not sure on the margarine instead of butter. But I’m thinking you want to use Sativa it’s more uplifting kinda high.

1 Like

Hey tony how strong is the butter you make with your recipe? Like what is the per serving amount?

Check this website out it’s awesome!!

You name it this website has it !!

http://www.stonerscookbook.com/

)B Safe
Willl

4 Likes

Margarine is poison! Use real butter.

1 Like