Recent order declinded

Just TRIED to buy some Bubblegum beans – got an e-mail from ILGM stating payment declined.

Bank said no payment request came in from ILGM and my account has no problem with overseas requests.

Not off to a good start .

MotaMan

You’re banks security dept. Blocked the charge. That’s happened to me on every purchase. You will have to request the bank to allow the overseas charge. But of course don’t tell them what you are buying. Most banks in the US automatically block charges from overseas. Once you have requested the bank to allow the charge, then reply back to the email to let ILGM know to re send the charge.

Thats what I did the first time – rep said my account should have no problem with an overseas request –

Pain in the @@@

Mota

1 Like

@MotaMan don’t give up I had to talk to the fraud dept. Trust me it’s worth the hassle.

1 Like

You will most likely need to talk to the security/fraud prevention dept. Or if that’s more than you want to deal with. Just do the cash payment

Same here :frowning_with_open_mouth: but talked to my bank and it went thru…well worth any trouble in the beginning :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hopefully there’s no problem this 2nd time. Hate hassles, just like to grow and smoke like we all do!

MotaMan

3 Likes

You know, ILGM says they have NEVER, not once had a problem with cash stuffed in an envelope! I would use some paper around it so it was not too obviously cash.

Filled out the contact from from the Support Team twice ! – no contact yet… Everyone is praising ILGM for a smooth process – this is anything but!

MotaMan

@MotaMan ILGM is a small operation. They only run normal business hours and they don’t answer support issues over the weekend. They will be in touch. A little patience is the answer!

I had the same issue on my last order and ILGM resubmitted it the second time and it went thru. My bank also claimed they didn’t block it, however they obviously did.

Remember with the new logon on the seedshop side, your order is saved to your account so it makes the process even easier.

1 Like

Same happened to me even after I called the bank to tell them to expect the charge. Called a second time and it went through. It’s the bank not ILGM. @MotaMan It is pain, but has to be dealt with until it’s legal.

2 Likes

Weve all had this happen. Ive got one card that always goes thru with ilgm so its the one i use. Got turned down twice on two other cards but if i keep to the one…no problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input guys / gals – but this is just one big hassle – They claimed I had a wrong CVC # - gave them the correct one and now the order is cancelled because of other card discrepancies – what a load of sht – I was a bean counter for 23 years – I know how to enter numbers… and at my age I know when I’m dealing with amateurs (otherwise I’d be dead or in jail)

There are other seed banks that have a far far greater variety of seeds – I’ve talked to other grower friends of mine. I will not patronize this sites store but will continue with the forum. Too bad – I wanted to win Bud of the Month… The info here is exceptional and people seem to be cool…

Thanks again

Motaman

When I first tried to purchase from ILGM I received an e-mail from ILGM to say my credit / debit card payment had been declined. I found this very strange as it is card regularly used online for foreign payments all around the world.

I contacted my bank and they said that NO attempt had been made by ILGM to take my payment. So I had to pay by international bank transfer which cost me 22 Euros in additional bank transfer fees.
Recently I tried to pay again by card to pay for another order and the same problem arose. As it is impossible that my card is at fault and as ILGM had no interest in trying to assist me, I investigated myself, as I refused to pay 22 Euros bank charges again.
When ordering –
Firstly – You go to the order page and are asked to give your delivery and billing details eg full name, address etc.
Secondly – You then get redirected to the Payment Page. You are asked to give your card number, expiry date, ccv number etc – BUT you are NOT asked to write the name of the card holder on this page. This is very strange as normally the card holder name is always asked for on the payment page.

My card does not show my first name but only shows my Initial followed by my surname.
So what is happening is that behind the scenes ILGM’s system is using the Full Name as was initially supplied and Not the name as is shown on the card. And it is for that reason that the card payment was declined – Not because there is a problem with my card
So I re-ordered. Instead of adding my full name on the order page I only used my Initial (as is shown on the card), and surname, proceeded to the payment page, added the card number etc and the payment went through immediately without any problem. This took two days for me to try and resolve 

I have noticed in the Forums that many other buyers are complaining about the same problem of their card being declined problem.

ILGM and the card processing company they use (Payofix) must change the payment page so that the card holder’s name as it is shown on the card can be added. This should alleviate all the card problem declines people are experiencing.

I totally understand that ILGM has a small team but 24 hours to reply to client’s e-mails who are trying to make purchases is not good. In this day and age people can order online and have their order delivered (sometimes the same day) before ILGM even reply to e-mails. By taking ages to reply to genuine e-mails they risk losing clients. They do not even supply a phone number, which is unfortunate. Companies like DNA Genetics do supply a phone number.

Yeah, I’m about to give up and order from somewhere else. I know for a fact my card can be charged. Something is fishy, like when they wrote “you americans love to pay with cards.” Well duh, because a bank transfer is expensive, and sending cash overseas is retarded. You know who else likes to pay for international things with a card? EVERYONE from every country! There are also very popular online ways to pay. As for “credit card companies don’t want to deal with marijuana companies” that’s a load of bullcrap. They don’t know or care what I’m buying.