Reb's second grow with GSCE Auto

Cool, I’ll give it a couple more days and keep a close eye on them.

Took some updated pics. The sugar leaves are dying out:

I am seeing some amber:

Chop or giving it a bit longer?

2 Likes

I see NO white pistols!! All brown and starting to recede. I would chop by Friday.

1 Like

Friday will be chopping day then! I’m pretty pumped. I’ll certainly be going a wash (thanks to the carpet bugs), and will use Grove bags for my cure this time around (burping the mason jars got old quickly).

I’ll report back with pics of the wash and dry scale weight of this girl.

Thanks!

1 Like

Week 16 update:
Just a couple of quick pictures…

Today is also chopping and washing day (following Jorge Cervantes’s YouTube video on how to wash). Was gonna wait until tomorrow, but looks like we’ve got some storms rolling in starting tomorrow, so today is the day. I’ll post some follow up pics later on…

1 Like

You must be close to me. We have storms moving in tomorrow also.

Hope you guys stay safe and hoping it’s not as bad as last weekend!

1 Like

Washed and hanging up to dry…

2 Likes

Not a single carpet beetle came out in the wash, so they thankfully stayed off my plant.

3 Likes

Drip dry is done, now to just drying…

2 Likes

Still drying, but went ahead and gave 'em a quick trim.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t ya know, the battery in my scale is gone. Tried a sample, and she’s straight fire and was ready to go into cure. Used 6 1/2oz Grove bags and they’re filled up, so looking at somewhere around 3oz. Now more waiting…

2 Likes

Finally got a battery for my scale. 97g (3.42 oz).

4 Likes

Nice haul

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

So, an update. I’ve had it curing in some Grove bags and decided to give it a try today. I packed a mini cone and smoked about half of it. It had sort of a minty flavor, maybe a little doughy flavor. Easy to smoke and very calming buzz. Much better than my first try.

I do need to dry them out a little more. I noticed the humidity was at 67% in the bags. The buds felt a bit sticky as well. I went ahead and dumped the bags onto a tray and gonna leave them overnight and will go back into the bags for curing more in the morning. I inspected the bugis and no mold or mildew. So, I’ll give another update in a couple more weeks.

1 Like

Okay, so just checked on the buds and they were no longer sticky and started to feel on the dry side. Back into the Grove bags… Will just check the humidity tomorrow morning.

1 Like