Really stupid question

Btw, you remember the seedlings in my previous reply? Check em out now…

2 Likes

Ok I’ve always used jiffy pods with no problem. I do some them but there’s been A lot of humidity since start. Next grow will try your way. I do drop the seeds in distilled H20 & a dash of hydrogen peroxide . I only put my last 1, the tiny 1 in solo & added the cactus grow mix with pro mix as was afraid to give nutrients. All others are all in promix only. Before I transplanted her she was domed but possibly due to my humidity issues overkill. Should I replant my other girls? Can promix be too compact? Again you are Awesome, I truly appreciate your insight & help.

1 Like

Yea, i would transplant whatever is in only promix. You can use promix, but perlite and/or vermiculite needs to be added. Also i would get some worm castings and top dress or find some worm tea and feed. Also get a bottle of cal mag. Youll need to supplement a few times when needed. Need to find a good all around nute for veg and flower. Look at Coast of Maine or Gaia Green is a good one.

1 Like

I’ve got worm castings & cal mag but not quite sure how much w castings to use

1 Like

Beautiful! What are you growing? Mind if I follow?

1 Like

With the worm castings about 4 tablespoons top dressed.

Sure thing! Here is a link to my journal on here

1 Like

Excited to watch

1 Like

Thank you again my friend. That’s way more than I would of thought. As I said before Very Pretty Girls! Have a wonderful day !

1 Like

Anytime @Laurap just tag me if you have a question.you have a wonderful day as well

1 Like

Not sure how to create my own post, but follows the topic :slight_smile:

Ordered Granddaddy Purple Autoflower (first time grower) & am planning to leave my residence for a couple weeks at the end of July… Would it be best then for me to NOT start a seedling and wait 2 months before starting? Or could I have it finished / drying in time?

1 Like

@DarthVaper thays an iffy. If youre leaving at the end of july for 2 weeks that might be the window for harvest.

Update on girls. So tiny mite bit the dust as I had thought. So far we have 5 entering veg. 2 gorilla glues, a doesidoe, a godfather & a skywalker. Dropped 1 more gg & 1 banana. See if they can fly. If all make it as I’m questionable about the gorilla, I’ve grow since hurricane Katrina never having a problem with sprouting but Wow this has been a nightmare with the new gorilla seeds. Funny I was worried that the other seeds would be problematic as they were older but the opposite. I got 10+10 free & have only had success with 2. Wanted 7 but may have only 6 being skeptical of the gorilla. I’ve never bought any seeds anywhere else but when needed I may look into other banks to try my luck. Happy cinco de mayo.

The 5 have started veg. I’m happy with their progress and how well they look. Few days ago I had placed in H20 a gorilla & a banana kush to add to other girls. Yesterday I hadn’t had time to get seedling tray (always used pods) so I cut down solo cups & trying method Chitty Chitty bang had suggested. These new gorilla seeds have been a challenge with only 2 outta 7 making it to their forever pots so I thought what could I lose? Wanted 6 for tent but if these 2 make it will be 7. My faith in the new gg seeds is minimal. Hardest lesson I learned here “It is what it is “. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

@Laurap what was the outcome?

2 Likes

Good morning! Well the gorilla still continues to fight me. Idk why as I’ve grown these several times. The banana took off like a champ trying her best to catch up to the other 5. All are in forever homes & since the banana was done later ( put into seed starter instead of pods) I’ve for the moment put pans under her pot to be @ same height. The other 5 look like they’re on steroids already almost to the bottom of the zipper having to raise my lights 3 times so far. Don’t know if the xtra worm castings did this as I had always just kinda put a tablespoon around base. Im very happy with their progression and crossing my fingers believe this will be a good harvest. Sadly I won’t be able to partake in them. My state & doctors shudder if cannabis is mentioned & I’ve lost 3 doctors due to my use. I’ve got spinal stenosis & having procedures every 2 weeks so I had to quit. But with exception of the gorilla nightmare it’s very calming to care & watch grow. Thanks for checking on us. I’ve followed your grow & you’ve got some beautiful ladies!

3 Likes

Morning , have a quick ?. Girls are great! Since I’ve got a lighting Deficit I’d thought I’d try running 24/7 during veg. & plants are Much larger. I’ve got 3 weeks till I want to flip them. However carbon filter is filthy so wanna wash the cotton cover meaning lights off for about 4 hours.
Will this throw them outta whack due to the time lights off?

2 Likes

Not at all. Its the 8 plus hours of darkness that would trigger flower @Laurap. Good morning!

3 Likes

Thanks! Best way to wake up, have a wonderful day!

2 Likes

Glad you didn’t hurt possum. May be ugly to us but has a face a mother could love. Another ? In about a week I’m flipping to flower. My nutrients change amounts to transition to flower. Do I begin now or just first 2 weeks after light change? Have a great day! Thanks again, happy growing

2 Likes

@Laurap if youre using dry amendments i would go ahead and work them in. It can take up to 2 weeks for dry amendments to break down and be avail to the plant. If youre using a buda n bloom, thats what i would work in now, along with a few tablespoons of worm castings. If using liquid salt based nutes, i would wait until they need fed.

2 Likes