Really need help

My flower tip done went from whit to yellow I’m in my 5th week growing auto flowers.I’m using 5gallons bags in strawberry fields on bottom oceans farm in the middle and happy frog on top.I only feed them nuts once it was some gold leaf I gave them 3mil per 2gallons of water few days after I saw the white tips I just check my run off my ppm is at 928,my cm is at 1961 and my run off ph is 498 with that said I gave them some compost tea 6 days a go they growing like crazy and also gave them cal mag for the first time yesterday

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Icecube. I’m not sure what your problem is. Your plants look pretty good to me. I am concerned about the PH. You said Ph was 498. What kind of meter are you using? I will tag some people who can help you. @MeEasy @MrPeat @kellydans

In am using vivosun ph pen.I ph my water at 6,5

1 Like

Thanks @Flitme for the tag, welcome to the neighborhood @Icecube I don’t see anything to worry about, if you are talking about the very tips on the leaves we call that painted fingernails lol it’s kind of a sign you are right where you want to be on feeding them, it means you are pushing them as hard as you can without hurting them

5 Likes

Lol? thanks for the feed back because I was letting the soil fertilizer feed them up until 2 weeks ago soon as I feed them 1/2 a dose of gold leaf that when the got the finger nail polish.going to give them some bloom compost next watering

2 Likes

Once they start flowering they don’t want very much nitrogen if any at all. The leaves will get really dark and start curling under (called clawing)

4 Likes

So I have nothing to worry about right now.so I don’t have to worry about them if they start clawing

1 Like

I take it you run off ph is 4.98. If so, that is way low for soil. Raise the ph of your water/nute brew a little to try and get the run off as close 6.5 as possible.

Do u test ph and adjust after adding nutes?

1 Like

Just gave nutes one time but yes ph all watering and tea brew at 6.5

1 Like

I don’t feed until ppm are <800.

They look good, but with run off that low they may lock out and stop pulling in nutes.

1 Like

BTW. Next grow fill those bags with soil. It will make a difference.

1 Like

Ok thanks next grow I’m going to see how my auto do in 3 gallons bags.I well water a couple of time without ph the water my ph from the house is around 7.8

My well water has a high ph as well. I Always adjust to 6.5

1 Like

I just check my soil ph with soil strip it shows it at 6.5

Good… I think. I have no experience with soil strips so I can not speak to their accuracy compared to run-off testing.

Imma tag a buddy, @Indicanna_Jones , he might have some input. He has helped me greatly.

1 Like

Ok thanks NyDon

Thanks for the tag NYDon. Looks like you may have got just a tiny bit of nute burn which isn’t a problem. Im guessing they still had enough food when when you gave them that 1st feeding.

Next feeding i would go right back to the same half dose. Im not familiar with the nutes you are using but im assuming its balanced with pretty close to equal parts N,P,K which is just fine until after the stretch is over around week 3 orc4 of flower.

Then you definitely want to switch to nutes low in Nitrogen and high in phosphorus and potassium. Your plants look pretty happy and healthy so your off to a great start. Just keep monitoring the ph and tds of your runoff.

2 Likes

What if I just do a bloom compost tea in no nutes will that work or still do the nutes

1 Like

That will work for now but as flowers start getting fat around week four all your soil nutes will be gone. Then you may need more than a tea but not necessarily.

I guess that depends on the strength of your tea as well.

1 Like

Ok thanks

1 Like