Real word experience on coverage QB 320 xl V2

Been running autos for a couple years under Viperspectra (with good results) now im switching back to photo grows and the wife gave me the go ahead for a qb upgrade. I know i could of saved money sourcing the parts and doing a full diy but the money was there for it and the time isn’t so…anyway, i went with the qb 320 xl v2 (3-qb288 v2) @ 3000k kit direct from HLG. I chose this options due to my room being 3x12 (3x7 is usable grow space). My 2 450wt (hahaha yeah right) vipes have a grow switch that i can add as a higher kelvin during veg and flip to bloom to add more far red during flower as a supplement. What is the reasonable coverage expectation for this light during bloom? I know it will not cover my whole space nor did i think it would (i have up to 5 blurple to add as neccessary) HLG states 2.5 x 5sq ft. Anywany i feel like im in for a suprise once i see the difference in heat output, efficiency and quality of bud once this grow starts and finishes. Any input with experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks OnE LoVe! Screenshot_2019-01-10-14-55-52|281x500

1 Like

That’s a solid light and you will be more than pleased with the results.

i have done a lot of studying on them. Lol. Do you run one of these? @Familyman

I have 3 separate qb135 v2 fixtures. Essentially the same thing just not in one fixture and they are great. You’ll grow some great stuff with these. Nice dense sticky buds. Be prepared to up the nute doses.

2 Likes

Nice! I run a supersoil/living soil and will be adding biobizz and a couple Advanced Nutrient supplements as/if needed later on. They (2. bruce banner) will be topped, supercroped and scrogged. Thanks for the advice!

From my experience, calcium is needed big time. The lights promote so much more photosynthesis that the plants can’t keep up. Here’s a pic of my set up. I’ll be adding another one shortly.

6 Likes

I could of got 3 of these scratch and dents for the same cost but qb324 v2 board. I weighed the options and went with the qb288v2 over 3 individual lights.(not sure how i feel het about that choice) My goal is to add one more of these hopefully during this round??? Plus they say cosmetic damage to the front but…just didnt feel right taking any chances.

1 Like

I have 2 of the 260w qb’s and they were from the scratch and dent. And they both look brand new and are tremendously bright. They say if anything is wrong it is usually one of the corner fins bent on the heatsink. But I didn’t even get that. Truly happy with my purchase.

2 Likes

Nice to know! Thanks for the input!

1 Like

I’m using one on autos. This is my second grow using it. I was using blurple lights.

Keep an eye on your height/power draw, as it is strong. Be ready to feed and water heavier than usual.

Covers a 2.5x5 perfectly.

2 Likes

Seems a perfect option for my 3 x 5 grow tent. Already purchased my MH & HID grow lights so will use them for my 1st grow and just might make the leap to these on my next grow.

Mine gets here Tuesday!!!

2 Likes

Here are my autos under my 320 qb diy

Great light and the best investment you’ll make in this hobby. I also have a 260 and 135 qb boards and love them. You will water more as stated above and invest in cal-mag I feed with every feeding. Hope this helps

4 Likes

Such a good point. They devour cal mag and it comes on fast.

1 Like

@Onlythebest79 nice looking girls there!! i have 2 girls that just popped surface this afternoon (bruce banner photo) got em running under the 320. Built my scrog screen this morning (just prepin) also gonna run the viparspectra on the ends so i can get good coverage to the 6+ ft mark. I had been running all autos under the viparspectra with good results for the last 2 yrs Switched to a living soil for the run of photo and have been building my soil over the last couple weeks. Im stoked to see the difference of the 320 on this grow and to see how the autos do under it after this run. Thanks for the CalMag heads up. I have also heard its an issue with the living soils as well? Anyway, day 1 week 1…and away we go!! oNe LoVe

2 Likes