Ready to top? Should I top autos at all?

Should I top these yet? Should I top the auto at all I’ll mark which one she is.

2 Likes

Depends on how many days she is. Generally it is said that you want to do it by the 21st day. How many nodes does she have?

2 Likes

CaptCola is great with auto’s. Tag him @Capt.Cola

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @OGIncognito . Plants look good @William04 could you give us a little more info on them with some closer pics. I learned to fim or top by the 5th node depending on growth and health. I do believe that @Not2SureYet has topped further along with success. I try and do it earlier then later bc sometimes my veg time is very short. Once it starts to throw pistols I don’t do anything bc it can stunt growth. Tag me if you have questions and if I don’t know I certainly can tag people who do.
image 92c8d06f6e7b1132d0e0c88ffd8e62f0ab52c2c9

5 Likes

Yeah I also like to fim autos at about 5 nodes. If you wait much longer most auto strains will be in flowering stage and then it’s too late.

3 Likes

Ok this FIM stuff has got me slightly confused I topped my first test batch at the 7th nodes because I wanted them a little taller and was worried doing the 4th or 5th would be too much. So do you FIM and top them or one of the other? I’ll try to get some zoom ins of my most average girl they are all basically the same, but my two stunted runts that was a month behind which I won’t bother obviously.

2 Likes

They are around 30 days old I kind of dropped the ball on keeping track of dates and strains I have 4 strains going lol. I got a little too baked and kind of just went ham on them seedlings during transplant forgetting to label them lol. I have two gorilla glue autos going 2 skywalker og 2 bruce banner 2 black widow.

2 Likes

I attempt a fim but usually end up topping and I do it earlier then later bc you don’t want your auto to be in preflower when you do it. I think around 3 weeks is usually a good time to start looking. Just did my two small plants last night. Think I went to far down on the gelato and topped it which is fine. Once you try it once it’s a lot easier to do going forward. I’ll take some pics and post them on my journal later on with you tagged.

1 Like

I topped once but I’m super anxious about these being form ilgm they seem to be growing more colas on their own from what I can see. Maybe in confusing the offshoots from the main stem as colas. I’ll top them tonight when I get home from work where do you suggest I top them higher up like last time or the 5th node?

Looks like 5 just for clarification nodes are the off shoots from the main stem correct and internodes are the gaps between the offshoots?

Ok so I FIMed them did I do it right just like the top half or a little more of the most recent stem growth at the top.

1 Like

Time will tell but in the picture I think you cut too much. Looks more like a successful top. Just my thoughts good luck :+1::v:

3 Likes

I agree with @kellydans it looks like you topped it which is all good :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah after I cut it I was like fuck I think I just topped them from what I can gather FIMing would have been leaving the main stem intact and on removing the upper most new leaf growth right? I am sorta upset with myself so far it seems FIM gives you four new growth sites, but I’m not sure if they are all colas like when you top I want to get the hang of FIM as well by my next crop.

1 Like

Yeah the next time take about 80% of the last growth, an you will end up with 4 colas In the center of the plant. When topping you end up with two. I’ll look back see if I can find a good picture give you an example. Happy growing my friend. :+1:

1 Like

Hey, just attempting is a win. I am far too nervous to cut anything but some little leaves in the way! :crazy_face:

You will only gain the experience for future grows. I am going to attempt topping next grow and see what happens.

By the way, careful on the language; the moderators do not like it when colorful language is used. :wink:

Continued success.

2 Likes

I see there are actually mods on here and such I didn’t know there was like guidelines or anything on profanity being a weed growing forum and all lol.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed after I did it that I had messed up and wasn’t supposed to take the stem just the top growth. Hopefully you’ll be able to provide me a photo for reference going to try and FIM the two stunted girls when they reach that point.

1 Like

I’m going to tag a Community member , what’s up @Nicky would you be kind enough to post your personal video fimming @William04. Needs a little Hands-On. Thanks

3 Likes

@William04 autoflower dot net is a great resource for all things auto. There are guys that are smashing the taboos of what you can and can’t do with autos over there. If you get a chance check them out.

2 Likes