Ready to give up growing, WHY is this happening?

Coco and Jack’s is actually fairly easy. One caveat, you have to water daily. Here’s a excellent journal to check out. AfgVet makes everything look easy. She can answer questions about using Jack’s in Coco.

6 Likes

I’m using jacks and straight coco. it really
simplifies things to me as you know exactly how much to feed as you’re giving the exact same amount from seed to harvest. I bought my jacks off ebay in a 4lb kit. I’ve gone through 2 grows and still have plenty for many more! Literally from seed to harvest water everyday at full strength.

6 Likes

So if you suggest straight coco with water every day full strength, what’s the point of using the ph pens and stuff. Does that part become obsolete?

1 Like

thanks for all the info guys. what is everyone using for water? RO? Tap? Do you ppm it? my tap is close to 300. I wanna use better h20.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, your plants look Amazing… It sucks being a novice I’m trying to learn why my crop suffers when in the flower stage…

1 Like

Very Cool, maybe one day I’ll achieve success like you guys :grinning:

One more question for the Jacks users, do you ever flush the medium through the grow? Is it necessary with soil & coco?

I don’t flush. Maybe others do?

Ive never flushed my coco yet til plants done and ready to use it again lol. Canna coco bricks seem to be about the best coco for cannabis like 100 bucks for 25lbs of a and b and epsom salts and that 100 bucks will get u probably 40 grows lol

1 Like

It does not. You always ph your water in between 5.8-6.0 in coco.

3 Likes

Still need to ph water in. No real reason to check anything coming out while using straight coco. Even in soil, I’ve checked ph out maybe 3 times during current grow. Same with ppm’s out. The soil is amended so I need to check where ppm’s are at before starting nutrients.

3 Likes

I’m on my 3rd grow in soil using Jack’s. I haven’t flushed at all.

2 Likes

Good to know Bulldognuts, thanks. Question about your response to FullyMedicated.
What ppm runoff #'s are you looking to see when your amended medium is about to run out and needs to start feeding? What kind of soil do you use for Jacks that doesn’t need flushing? And from your pics it looks like your pots are 5 or 7 gallon? I generally use about 20 oz’s water per gallon, is that about where your at? Sorry for so many questions just trying to learn :grinning:

Also do you guys go straight from the starter cup to your final size pot or do you do like a 1-2 gallon in between and transplant?

Can I ask how much epsom salt you need to add to a gallon of water? Currently I’m using cal/mag every feeding, but if I can just epsom salt , why not.
15 ml per gallon, just saw it. Thanks anyway

Ok @Bulldognuts gotchya on that one. Next question is about volume. I understand in soil that we give very little water from seed to sprout to veg phase then full volume, does that carry over to coco? Coco has no nutes so we are to feed from the get-go, but how much?? Start of small amounts and increase? Also do we water daily in coco? I’m gonna be using my 5gal buckets.

Would I be safe by presoaking the coco in feed full ph water, plant seed then when ready water with 1L water with respective nutrients and increase volume as necessary?

Feed full strength every day from seed to harvest. In a 3 gallon pot that’s about a gallon a day. Or that’s what i used. That’s in coco btw. It’s damn near impossible to over water in coco. @Nicky

2 Likes

So in a 5gal bucket I should be good with a full 2 gal feeding each day?

As for nutes I have the green planet dual phase stuff.
I ha jumping in on others threads but it was a topic of interest for me and thought everyone would benefit from my stupidity…

1 Like

I know the feeling well. :slightly_smiling_face::grin::+1:

2 Likes