Ready to flower?

Hey Iva. I changed my reservoir yesterday and switch them around. I see they continue to recover from the topping.

1 Like

Hey there all check this out. Here we are several days later his is what Iā€™m dealing with. I think it may be time to put up my trellis net to rain these girls.

Set your screen at the height you want your canopy to spread, let them grow up to it and then work them across.

Make sure to allow enough room for stretching once you switch to flower.

Good luck! Iā€™m glad I donā€™t have to worry about height, I just donā€™t get the indoor density.

1 Like

Ok. The pic below is my grow space. This was before the last reservoir change before separating them.

The photos of plant is from this morning after they have waken up. They are growing.

Based on this, I think Iā€™ma go ahead and put these in flower starting Saturday since it will be reservoir water change. We will be going into 5th week of life. These bag seeds. And besides Iā€™m ready to get to my known strain seeds. And the plants beginning to smell like Chronic. Lol.

1 Like

Is that LED movable? I was under the impression that you could place them closer to the plants. If itā€™s not adjustable, wouldnā€™t it lead to your plants stretching?

1 Like

Yes I can bring it down. The heat is a factor here. Even when I adjust temperature in my room where cabinet is it still reads over 85 majority of the time so I was afraid to bring them close fear in stressing them out. I will bring down light and see what happens. Hopefully the heat from the light so high and close to tempature gauge will cool down. Idk!

Iā€™m outdoor, so I donā€™t know a lot about the lighting. From what I understand, your lights should have a recommendation for distance. LEDs donā€™t emit a lot of heat themselves. The recommended distance is to avoid burning from light intensity, not heat.

Maybe use a larger exhaust fan to pull out more heat? A little dry ice?

I would hate to see you cause your girls to reach out for the light source. Iā€™ve heard 18-24 inches above the plants, but I understand some manufacturers are different than others with intensity. Check for the recommended distance and make sure you can adjust it as your girls grow taller.

I would also recommend screening your girls since you donā€™t have many in there. It will save wasting light.

1 Like

Check these out. They are becoming huge. I a beginning to get a little nervous that they are getting to large before flowering.

2 Likes

I would screen them.

They have gotten bigger since that post. They appear to be blooming. I screen them and have switched to flower. They bigger one has already began to grow in the other flowers personal space. Its crazy. Ill keep you posted as they progress.

1 Like

Hey here are current photos.

Uploadingā€¦

Nice!

I would suggest trimming the lower discolored leaves on the smaller plant. They arenā€™t gonna work as well anymore, so you may as well remove them.

On your screen, you need to VERY GENTLY push those tops down and spread them out below the screen. That will allow them to spread out more and cover your whole lighting area. It will also save on vertical space for when you switch to flower allowing them to stretch up with those nice colas we desire.

You may have to tie some branches to the screen. Do so loosely! As your girls grow the stem size will increase. You wouldnā€™t want your ties to end up restricting the stem development by being too tight. Youā€™re only holding it in place, not securing it there.

Great job for your first grow! Congratulations with what you have accomplished so far.

2 Likes

I disagree. I seldom cut anything still green, as long as itā€™s green itā€™s still contributing.

You grew it, you went through all that effort you might as well get all the benefits out of it, when its brown completely I take it off, but usually it falls by then -jmo

2 Likes

I was under the impression that a leaf would reach a point of deterioration that it starts using more energy than producing. Plus it doesnā€™t look like they are receiving much light down there with the upper canopy. That was the reason for the suggestion.

Paranorman has been growing much longer than I have, so I believe his methods are valid. In the end, itā€™s your choice. Not to mention, I have never grown indoor so Iā€™m not sure of the differences, if there really are any that would affect plant growth.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s a matter of whoā€™s been doing what and how long and I know there are varying opinions but the facts are that the leaves grow, they store energy, and when the plant needs it they drawn it out

ā€¦if the leaves are not there they canā€™t draw on their sustenance so it will begin to use up other parts of the plant

I understand thereā€™s varying opinions, and thatā€™s just mine

2 Likes

I was just pointing out that my opinion doesnā€™t come from as much experience as yours.

You could go to learn how to hang drywall. Read everything written on the subject. I will still do a better job faster than you for the simple fact of having 20 years of experience.

I love to help people learn something new, if I am able. I will ALWAYS defer to someone else that has more experience than me.

A friend taught me to weld. About a year later a guy shows up on the job just fresh from getting certified as a welder from some school. The problem was, I learned in some of the dirtiest conditions you could imagine. He was accustomed to cleaned and prepped surfaces. He didnā€™t make it. Couldnā€™t make a bead that would stand up to the demands placed on the weld.

I nearly always go with experience. Nearly.

Try not to refuse the compliment. :wink:

3 Likes

I try to qualify or hedge my statement because Iā€™ve seen some amazing things particularly on YouTube with people who are doing lollipop and all kinds of trimming that wasnā€™t done back in the day and they getting fantastic results!

ā€¦so I do believe thereā€™s two schools of thought but from just my experience I would leave the leaves on, partly because thatā€™s what Iā€™m used to and partly because I suspect the growers doing all these amazing things on YouTube are fairly experienced

1 Like

I agree. We stagnate if we refuse new ideas. I am just aware that Iā€™m VERY limited in my knowledge of growing, so I offer my opinions while deferring to others with more experience.

I have tried to ā€œlollipopā€ in the past, though I didnā€™t know that term at the time. They looked cool and trimming the finished product was a breeze, but I didnā€™t notice anything substantial enough for me to try it again.

So there is more reinforcement to finding what works for you as an individual.

Starting to think maybe these plants can adopt owner personalities like a damn dog! Lol

Hey yall. Thanks for all the feedback. I did lollipop the top a litttle more today. Yesterday i decided to start the 12/12 cycle. For they are becoming to bushy and 2 i want to spend more time on the strands i know of. These were experiment seeds i recieved as gift. I will tie some down tomorrow before i head out. I have to attend to them before work because when i get home lights will be off.

1 Like

Here we are two days later. This trial and error experiment grow is coming along. Iā€™m not sure if they have caught on that its now time to begin to flower but I think some is going on. I did look at both and I noticed that one is showing ā€œherā€ sex. Iā€™m beginning to see some young white pistils forming. Idk. What you all think?

1 Like