Ready to chop or not?

Wow really? Think so? From your lips to gods ears lol. Fingers crossed will check back in with y’all in 2 weeks!!!

I’m thinking in 2-4 weeks when it’s ready I will do partial harvest and just take all the top collas and let all the rest / inside stuff grow a bit more as I can’t start another grow for a few months due to an upcoming move, might as well.

For a partial harvest when chopping off colas do u need to seal the broken main stems ? What do you use for that if so? Wax? Tar?

2 Likes

Just my two cents worth. I would raise your lights about 6”.
You are burning up your buds. You know this because the leafs are curled up real bad.
They do look like they still have some swelling like mentioned above. Nice and frosty!! :+1:t2: Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Ok will do! I thought the same thing after switching to hlg 320xl so I dimmed it down all the way but nothing changed even at 21-22 inches away. My ppfd and dli were super low, I bumped it up a little and with 18 hours of light my Dli is still only 21 at this height and intensity, so why are they burning?

2 Likes

It was probably too much, too quick. They weren’t use to the intinsity of the new lights maybe.

Agreed I just moved my light up as far as I can now at 26 inches and bumped up the intensity slightly will give them a week before changing any more.

little update: I think 2 more weeks… then partial harvest will take all the top colas and let everything else marinate for another month. What do you all think?

Photo on 10-14-21 at 5.02 PM #2
Photo on 10-14-21 at 5.03 PM
Photo on 10-14-21 at 5.04 PM
Photo on 10-14-21 at 5.04 PM #2
Photo on 10-14-21 at 5.05 PM
Photo on 10-14-21 at 5.05 PM #2
Photo on 10-14-21 at 5.06 PM
Photo on 10-14-21 at 5.06 PM #2

4 Likes

Those looks like fan leaves trichomes pictures those will lie and mature quicker than the actual bud

Frosty and burnt!

1 Like

She looks nice. When you chopping her up?

Gonna check trichomes tomorrow and decide I’ll post pics

2 Likes

Great that’s the exciting part before u realize it’s about 2 suck the drying and curing

I don’t think that is burned. It looks more like it needed Cal-Mag back in early flower. Maybe some bloom booster also. Nice and frosty though.

Its funny you mention cal mag cause I’ve been adding calimagi since day one but I thought the same thing… I dunno

anyway what do you all thin its been 8 days and here are the trichs… I think its a few more weeks… but what do you all think?

Photo on 10-22-21 at 8.20 PM
Photo on 10-22-21 at 8.20 PM #2
Photo on 10-22-21 at 8.21 PM
Photo on 10-22-21 at 8.21 PM #2
Photo on 10-22-21 at 8.24 PM
Photo on 10-22-21 at 8.25 PM
Photo on 10-22-21 at 8.25 PM #2

3 Likes

I would say that you are within the window where your THC is 90% of max or better. Once the trichs start to darken, you have passed peak and levels are dropping. It could go a few weeks, you just have to ask is it worth a little more yield to get a little less THC or vice/versa.
I just cut this. My leaves looked worse than yours. Almost done drying and weighed out at 4 oz! My biggest by far.

1 Like

Oh, this was at 10+1/2 weeks from sprout. :arrow_up:

So time to choppy?

If you are unsure or hesitant, take the most mature top buds now and start them drying. Takes a week or more usually. By the time you sample them you will have a good idea how the rest of the harvest will be and if you should wait maybe a little longer.

Thanks so much man.
@dbrn32
@HappyHydroGrower

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Would you happen to have a picture of whole bud in natural light? Hard to say with those scope pictures.
I’m looking for the swelling of the buds. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Buds never got swole from all my f ups… burn… under/over fed etc. will post a few pics when I’m home