Ready for harvest with mixed amber and clear trichromes?

My water and solution is 7 to 8 Ph then my soil is more like 7 to 8. I just added a little water with 6 PH. I am not sure where to measure it. Do they like it acidic? Is that why the yellow on the leaves and also some tips look rough up.

1 Like

Adding water is not an effective way to lower pH. And u say 7 to 8. Do you not have an effective way to monitor it? The Apera 20 is like $45 but definitely worth the investment. Can take a licking. And accurate.

Soil’s optimal pH range for growing pot is 6.3-6.8. The lower end is better when in the flowering phase. Thats probably why your buds didnt get that good swell. Youre a bit out of range.

Also ph up and down is the best way to adjust pH. If you wanna be more organic lemon juice drops it and baking soda raises it. But i wouldnt rely on either of those consistently.

Normally this is how my feeds go. Tap water is ~9. After i add two spoons of fish emulsion (my nute choice) it drops the solution to the 5 area, which is too low. So i add baking soda or ph up slowly and check til its 6.6- 6.7 ish. I water it in SLOWLY in circles to ensure I saturate the entire soil. Then i check the runoff to make sure they (pH and PPMs) are within my target areas

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 thank you so much for all that amazing and helpful information!
Yes sir! I will buy that PH metter for sure. It sounds crucial and I am glad I know this now for future growings! The Apera has good reviews!

Those strips are making me go insane lol the color is hard to see and they take a while to reveal the right color!

I will also try the lemon and the baking soda becuase it sounds more natural and yes I try to keep it “organic” even though I cannot buy expensive things but I try to keep it as close

2 Likes

I just bought apera ph20 . My older, cheaper ph meter was off .5 I am really pleased with new meter. Apera also makes a ppm meter for $56.00 range . Haven’t used it yet getting ready to on my next watering.

2 Likes

No problem at all my friend. Happy growing

And @Bulldognuts thats a bit too steep for a tds for me. My cheap one gets it done. One day i want to get that Apera with all the bells and whistles or a bluelab. But as for now… im solid.

2 Likes

I hear ya, I just wanted to make sure that I don’t screw things up to bad. I had some issues with one of my GDP’S. Figured I would try to avoid future mistakes. It would cost me a lot more if I have to purchase my wife’s medication.

2 Likes

Apera makes a pc60 that’s does ppm/tds,conductivity,salinity and ph all in one.

2 Likes

Yeah its fancy… :money_mouth_face:

I also use the Apera 20 and a 10$ TDS meter.
@LatinoUSAGreenRush ugh you were using PH strips? DANG SON, I be they are hard to read I used them with hot tubs in the past and rad fluid on my truck… I feel your pain.

@PurpNGold74 lower PH Durring flower? That’s new to me hook us up with some info brother.

@LatinoUSAGreenRush
Here is a good chart to save

1 Like

My bad bro. Lazily worded. Some nutrients are just more easily uptaken at the lower end of the spectrum. Mostly micronutes like Boron, Zinc, and Manganese (think thats right. Have a chart somewhere…) i also believe K is more readily available (a primarily flowering nute) at the lower end of the range.
Nutrient_Chart2

Nothing set in stone. Just something ive noticed with some a1 growers.

3 Likes

Blue lab are supposed to be legit too. Once I learned my apera I’ve gotten more comfortable with it.lol having all in one kinda complicated things for me first time.lol now I’m glad I got it. I ended up putting a new sensor on it got it used like new on ebay. It was never used or used much.l got it for 80 bucks shipped pc60. All the liquids were still sealed etc.

2 Likes

Steak sauce?:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hey where do u think that liquid of the gods comes from. It aint ketchup! :joy::rofl::+1:t5:

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 Thank you so much! I got a Ph meter… I order a Dr Metter but I might return it as I read that it breaks and Apera is really the only reliable one and even then those break too. I just might wait until I save $80 dollars for that good one.

Also, I made some super soil but I am not sure if I could feed it to my plants or I should mix it with soil?

Ok. Those cheapo ph meters work, but rarely stay calibrated and never come with enough solution to calibrate multiple times. The Apera 20 is like $40-50 and works goldenly. I love mines. Bluelab also makes a boss ph meter but i believe its a tad more expensive. Either way a worthwhile investment imho

1 Like

The blue labs that I have ran bout $125 Can ea. Work great. :+1::v:

1 Like