Ready for harvest with mixed amber and clear trichromes?

@Beezy745 of course you tag me on your journal! Thank you very much for your help and yeah I hope we can all have beautiful huge plants! I wish everyone had access to this plant so this country and the world could have less stress out people!!!

1 Like

Some good advice here and some amazing tricombs pictures, wow how did you take those?

So now that we know what your buds look like (can sorta ignore the sugar leaves) your going to want to flush with straight water, if itā€™s out of the tap then let it sit for 24hr to allow the chlorine to evaporate. PH the water and run alot through it and read your run off waters ppm. Once your down to 200ppm or less that should be good depending on the ppm of the water your using to flush, if you donā€™t already have a TDS meter your going to need to get one to read the water ppm.

Over the next little bit your plant will start consuming itself as the soil wonā€™t have any nutrients in it, so it will go yellow and leaves will die, basically your plant will look like Shit but thatā€™s the goal if you want to avoid a harsh smoke all that nutrients inside the green of the plant needs to go.

3 Likes

@Nicky! Itā€™s me! hahahaha thank you so much! I used the student AmScope MD35 microscope from Walmart!

Oh no! I showered my plants under my shower yesterday to ā€œflushā€ them but I didnā€™t know what I was doing since I am learning a lot from you all! I hope that is not going to hurt them two! I didnā€™t think about the water having chlorine!

I am going to buy a TDS meter! If I want them to grow again, should I not let the leaves get yellow? I would like to bring them back! Or is it not recommended to optimize the smoothness of the smoke? I usually do gummies because I am scared to smoke or vaporize since I watch on TV about people dying. I know that is from the extract and I have used those and feel short breath. I hope my lungs are okay! I would like to hear what you think about what is the best to consume them and if I should let the leave become yellow and clone them for future crops! Please let me know!

1 Like

Hahaha I thought it was you with your microscope!

I would avoid showering them as the mosture could leave to bud rot, you only want to water the soil.
My suggestion to you is one of two things to avoid the chlorine, first off the way I do it is I went to the water store and bought a filter housing and a carbon filter followed by attachments and then just connected it to a cold water line (I live in a small house so just put it under the kitchen sink and now all my kitchen sink cold is filtered Wich also makes for huge savings as we donā€™t drink bottled water anymore).
If you have a bigger space or at least in the mean time go get some new clean 5 gallon buckets and fill them then let them sit for 24-48hr to let the chlorine evaporate.

Ideally you want to flush with cold Phā€™d water but thatā€™s for optimal results, you can get away with warm water.

As for yellowing you want then to yellow when flushing, before that you donā€™t want them to. Yellowing is showing that the plant is eating the nutrients inside the leafs.
The less nutrients in the plant the cleaner the smoke.

As for consuming I try to steer people away from smoking joints, pipes etc because this is very hard on your lungs (my dadā€™s a hippy whoā€™s a doctor and Iā€™m also a healthcare professional as well as my girlfriend is a nurse). Eating is great as long as your careful because itā€™s much stronger due to the way your liver converts thc into another compound that is many times stronger than thc, that being said the high takes longer and lasts longer so sometimes its not easy to consume and then sober up.
I promote vaping, but herb or Roisin vaping itā€™s the cleanest way to ā€œsmokeā€ and thatā€™s how I consume my home grown. Just place bud in a vape and good to go.

The vaping issues your seeing on the news is from nicotine and thc/cbd distolate cartridges.
They need a cutting agent to make it an oil and that oil coats the inside of your lungs so you canā€™t breathe, there is no way to clean your lungs so take care of the ones you have.

1 Like

Its ok to use regular out the tap water when preharvest flushing. Who needs ph or microbes (chlorine kills microbes) before u harvest.

And if ur gonna make vape juice please look into properly doing it. As @Nicky saidā€¦ the cheap way is harmful. Im no pro thereā€¦ more of a cigarillo man thru and thru. But to each their own.

@LatinoUSAGreenRush as stated a few times, u always wanna check the trichs on buds, not sugar leaves. Sugarā€™s mature much faster and give a false ā€˜harvest windowā€™. We want mature buds not leaves.

Also! Save those trim leaves (after harvest, anything with trichs on it) and freeze em. Perfect for edibles!

Best of luck. And tag me in ur next journal.

3 Likes

@Nicky! Thank you so much! You and everyone here are so sweet! I am so happy to be part of this forum! I will do that for my water! I hope my lungs are not damage! I used a couple of those THC cartiges! Do you think my lungs eventually will get clean from that like self repair like a wund heals? I am scared. I only did them like 2 or 3 times. I am super hypocondeiach hahahaha. Yeah I have a Pax3 and I make gummies. I noticed Pax3 dries my facer overnight and I notice where my future wrinkles will be! But may be because I havenā€™t flush them properly which I will do! Thank you so so much Nicky and everyone!

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 thank you so much! Yeah I bought some vaporizing pens a couple time and I return them because I just didnā€™t have a good feeling about them. I was trying to out that on my Pax and I was imagining the shiny sticky oil in my lungsā€¦ Bento.delivery let me return them thankfully. I will be careful and thank you so much all for you help! I am so happy to be part of this forum and learn from you all! Thank you!!

Drink more water you sound dehydrated lol, if your not peeing clear your dehydrated.

I wouldnā€™t sweat it about your lungs, worrying wonā€™t help and nothing you can do now. I smoked one full cartridge as well lol. Just donā€™t do it again sorta like cigarettes haha.
Pax3 are nice I hear, Iā€™m a full convection guy because I want to enjoy the smoke so I want full flavour I have a boundless cfv and a volcano but I will be getting a Crafty/Mighty vaperizor next year just waiting for my boundless to die (wish the battery was better on the boundless but its the best entry level full convection vape so I still love it and have 2 one for me one for the girlfriend)

Vaping really makes your herbs last to.

I made cannabutter (cookies & bannan muffins) and shatter, I finally have a gimmie kit so next harvest I will try to make cherry blasters! Yum!

2 Likes

@Nicky my current gummies are cherry! Oh that is nice and I looked at the brand you have and they have good reviews too. I like the 10 year warranty on the Pax3 I hope they honor it. Letā€™s pray our lung recover from those cartiges hahahaha

Yes, I need to drink more water! I get anxious or I donā€™t feel well if I am dehydrated. I think water is key when doing edibles. Right now I feel super relxed and I drank tons of water!

For the gummies I used coconut oil (half cup with flowrer) in the slow cooker for 16 hours then drain it and mix it with 1/2 cup of water boiling with 6 oz of flavored jello and 4 unflavored (1 oz) and viola!

Let me know how your gummies turn out

I learned with this one:

Ohh you have a home made version! Cool.
Mine came in a package the local grow store guy gave me. But I will have to wait till January for my next harvest.
Did you monitor the temperature at all times? As to be sure not to burn off any THC and only release it?

I followed the guides on Royal queen seeds and leafly, read them both and then go from there.
I tried to use coffee filters but that took AGES! next time. I will definitely be buying cheese cloth haha.
In the end I did half the cookie recipe with butter and half with cannabutter but my cookies came out very dense so next time I will try half cannabutter half becel.
Cookies strength were perfect, i could eat 1/4 and go about life normally with a very very slight pep in my step, half a cookie had me sorta body stoned and I didnā€™t have much to do so I napped and played video games but I feel like my friends who consume more would enjoy a half of cookie for a pep in their step or a full cookie for a good buzz.

1 Like

Oh yeah I have tried the ones at the store but I think they put less oil because I have tried Mr. Peteā€™s cookies and Cana Cruz but I donā€™t feel much compare to when I make my own. I remember once I made these bath with a whole once and I made them mini and one was enough to make me feel like my body was vibrating all over from the inside. It was so strange like I had a magic wand all over my body. The other ones I made from flower from the store Hades OG one makes me relax so I can function, two make me buzz and three or four make me feel like a cat purring lol and my eyes get red then I laugh for no reason. The other is AK-47 gummies. Those make me laugh uncontrollably and make me paralyzeā€¦ I mean I cannot move and time slows down like science fiction.
No, you donā€™t really need to monitor the temperature! These are super easy to make and I always feel good. My process is: slow cook it 15 hours in one cup (so you can end up with 1/4 of a cup), then use the cheese cloth, then you should have 1/4 of a cup then mix with 1/2 cup of water until boil, then add Jello 6 oz, then 1 oz on non flavor gelatin and the molds! Easy! and healthy too for our lungs. The effect lasts me 4 hours.
Yeah coffee filters are nice but they take forever!
That is so nice that your body receptors are more sensitive than most. I think mine are too but it depends the strain I guess. May be that strain matches your receptors much better. Do you recall the name? My is so Ak-47. Let me know if you have tried that one! and which ones do you recommend.
I am so going to bake some cookies! Reading about it made me so hungry! hahaha That strain sounds relaxing, I definitely would try to see if I can find it and try it.

I laughed out loud reading your magic wand experience haha good stuff and Iā€™m sober at work.

Sounds like you have it all dialed in, yeah Iā€™m going to try cheese cloth followed by Coffee filters and see if that works out better if not Iā€™ll just do the cheese cloth by its self or maybe panty hoes followed by cheese cloth I feel like there needs to be a W stage filter one to get most of the leafy material out and then one to fine filter it.

My strain is CBD stress killer, itā€™s a sativa.
Itā€™s currently curing and will be at its 2 month mark at the start of next month but Iā€™m going to sneak a sample on the 31st/1st before I head back to work for 2 weeks.
If I remember Iā€™ll let you know how it smokes as I havenā€™t smoked it yet. If I donā€™t ask me again in 2 weeks haha.

Oh you grew the AK 47, I plan to grow that outdoors next year the autoflower version.
I was under the impression that is a good in-between, not to much couch lock and not to much buzzā€¦ I havenā€™t tried it yet though.
The nice thing about legal weed in the country is anytime I find a strain Iā€™m interested in I only buy a little gram or 3.5grams and smoke it to see if itā€™s worth growing.

1 Like

hahaha sorry I wouldnā€™t have said that story if I was sober but I am studying and I took two too manyā€¦ I feel very eloquent.

hahahaha I am imaging panty hoes lol hahaha I use like 4 layers of cheese cloth then I squeeze it with the lemon squeezer machine.

then shift it on the side to get the extra stuff. You can use the left overs in the cloth on a french press for tea but watch out! there are some times in which it is so strong I feel like someone is punching me from left to right until I pass out (too much :grimacing: )

I would like to hear how it goes! I am going to see if I buy some seeds for Christmas and try growing it! Yeah the Ak-47 is my ultimate favorite as it is very balanced. If it is too ripped you will be so relaxedā€¦ once I felt on the bed and I couldnā€™t moveā€¦ I was having a panic attack and I could not worry about the smallest thingā€¦ there could have been an earthquake and I could still have fallen into that amazing deep sleepā€¦oh I wish I could sleep like that every nightā€¦ I could be the happiest person on earth hahaha

The weed they sell here in the Bay Area California is like 25 for a little nugget 1 gram plus 30% tax lol and they wonder why the black market controls 80% of the weed industry.

1 Like

You crack me up man funny reading your thoughts.

So the guides I have read have advised against squeezing because you get to much chlorophyll mixed in with the extract that way.
Itā€™s best to just set it up and let it do its thing, although the liquid will solidify as it cools so thatā€™s why I want to do a 2 or 3 stage filter I just need to find the right type of material along with the right type of container.

I had my glad jars inside my oven for HOURS at lowest setting to let the coffee filters do their thing ughhh.
So Iā€™m thinking about trying those cone strainers, just get one with decent sized holes in it followed by a honey strainer/ cheese cloth.

1 Like

To avoid the chlorophyll I still dry it like if I was going to smoke it. Although I have made it fresh, it does not taste funny or have a different effect (may be more calm effect). I should try the dripping method that you say they suggest! May be it will be different. hahaha I like to experiment different ways. I am going to try the method you used!

I want to try the alcohol method too. Put the flower into a jar for 30 days with 90% ever clear then open it and let the alcohol evaporate. They say that is as pure as it gets! I am afraid I take too at once lol

I think if you try a different filter it would work this time! I love these gummies! They do really make me happy and relaxed.

The longer you let the alcohol soak the more chlorophyll you get.

Of course dry it, hand grind it and then decarboxylate it in the oven (follow the guides I talked about) then drip filter it without squeezing it.

If you want to make concentrate with grain alcohol make shatter.
Leave the bottle along with your shake/bud in the freezer for 24hr
Put the shake in something with two open ends, one end covered with a non bleached Coffee filter and pour the grain alcohol in slowly swishing it around as you pour it into a glass dish or a oven pan with patchment paper. (do this outside or you can blow up your house)
Now let the alcohol evaporate.
Once its all evaporated, put it in the oven as low as you can for just a few minutes minutes to bake any excess solvent off.
Now scrape it up and you have pure shatter.

This is the first thing I made before cannabutter

1 Like

@Nicky I am going to try the alcohol one too! I am just afraid of the alcohol and the glass (that might be just my anxiety). The coconut exact is the safest and the ā€œhealthiestā€ even though I read that coconut oil is just as healthy as butter (lol my poor heart) I have aten like 3 tubs from Costco this year hahahaha.
I will try that shatter may be during Christmas! I wanna make sure I can hadle it and people are around lol
I posted some information again since I noticed my leaves are turning yellow and burnt again!!!

1 Like

That does look funky. How have u been feeding?

2 Likes

I really havenā€™t put much because last time I burnt tjem so just like 2 tea spoons here and there of phosphorus and nitrogen. Should I feed it more? What should I give it? Thank you so much @PurpNGold74. Any of these! I am afraid to burn them. Also the Ph is neutral like 7 or 8ā€¦
Should I make or 6?

You know what? Im such a stoner. Ur near chop. If youve been adding bloom nutes THEN pHā€™n the solution properly (6.3-6.8 for soil, 5.7-6.2 for coco) then she is should be good.

What do you mean the ph is neutral @ 7 or 8? Of soil? Solution?

1 Like