Ready for first transplant?

first time with photos ,are these ready to go to 3 gal?

4 Likes

Hi and welcome!
I’d probably leave them for a bit, keep your light at a good height. Maybe only a week or so. :v:

3 Likes

Let them fill the pot first and they’ll be bigger and healthier when you do pot up.
Usually when the canopy reaches the outer edges is when to transplant into next size up.
:+1::v:

2 Likes

Thanks peeps

2 Likes

Your plants look nice and healthy !

1 Like

Feel like they are taking forever, iam in no rush , 3 weeks since they sprouted

2 Likes

right on target !you’re going be happy with your photos you have a nice big space to work with.

3 Likes

Thanks, thought I was doing something wrong

1 Like

Going to transplant today seen a couple roots coming out of the bottom, any tricks I should know, thanks @Oldguy @kellydans @Budz420

3 Likes

@Tinman. I’ve found that making a hole in the bigger pot the shape of the cup helps make for an event free transition.
Just lightly pat the soil around the pot and it’ll hold the shape long enough to remove the small pot and drop it in the premade hole.
Not too wet.
Maybe some mychorrizal fungi in the root zone first. Like great white or something similar will work.
:+1::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Just make sure that the soil/ coco the clones are in is moist - not wet.
Pre-fill your pots with soil/ coco with 'clone-cup equivalents scooped from the big pots.
Be very gentle when removing from the clone pot if you have roots exposed and careful when dropping the plug in.
Gentle pressure around the plug to ensure the two soils bind.
A light water around the plug (only 50ml or so) - water slightly warmed.
Get them under lights and don’t touch for a couple of days.

I think that about covers it. Be patient and gentle. :v:

4 Likes

Thanks peeps, first time transplanting here

2 Likes

@Tinman. I’ve found that if I place my hand on top of the soil with the stem between my middle fingers and invert the pot.
The root ball will usually stay mostly intact.
Important.
Loosen the pot from the soil / root ball before turning it over. :wink::v:

3 Likes

i picked this up the otother day, so do i just sprinkle it in the new hole , or on the root ball?

2 Likes

Can’t comment on that. I don’t use an additive - not needed.

1 Like

I like to sprinkle a little (myco) in the the hole, also if needed I will sacrifice seed starter cup to not damage the roots. (Razor knife) good luck with the transplant.

1 Like

new temporary home 3 gal, how long do u usually wait to go to 7 gal? @Oldguy @kellydans @Budz420

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag , transplant looks good ,I usually transplant my seedlings that size or maybe a little bigger, to their final home
Autos 5 Gallon cloth pots, photos 7 Gallon cloth pots. Some people pot up couple times. When I go to a bigger pot with small seedling I just have to be careful an not over water. But they take off and grow pretty fast.

2 Likes

Yeah iam wondering how that’s going to go, only done autos up to this point, never transplanted before, guess time will tell

1 Like

You’ll enjoy growing the photos, personally I like to grow both.

1 Like