Ready for autopot to be turned on?

I my self don’t start taking leaves till week 3 of flower. I tuck till then. I have super cropped as far as to mid flower with no issues. I would be doing it now if it were mine. I would probably do it at these 2 points. That would leave you with a pretty level canopy. I would also have a way to hold both branches up so they could not drop down more than I wanted. And would also have them tied down so they could not grow back as they were. Give them 2 dys and they will be headed back into the light. Just my thoughts here.

1 Like

Did everything you suggested and looking good… heading back up already this morning as if nothing had happened. :slight_smile:
But now noticed that I have yellowish spots on the fan leaves that I’m not sure what the cause is. PPM have been around 500 with RO water. Any suggestions @Not2SureYet @Nicky @TDubWilly @dbrn32 Thanks for any suggestions.

4 Likes

500 pom sounds low. What bottles are you using to get to that?

3 Likes

What’s your pH?

3 Likes

In 4 gals of RO water with PH running 6.3 - 6.6… really havent had to use any PH up or down… Reservoir is staying 6.5 - 6.7 when I check it before adding new mix and mixed is 6.3 - 6.6 going in when checked after adding neuts to it. Has been all base RO water in these from beginning.

Amounts are in ML of GH:
Armour Si - 1
CalMag - 5
Blend - 10
Micro - 8
Grow - 10
Bloom - 5
Hydroguard - 2

If it matters the medium is Coco Loco from FF Bush Doctors.

3 Likes

I am not a great leaf reader. How ever. Some thing doesn’t add up with your ppm numbers. Those should have you well into the 1000ppm and up range.
I use this in ml’s and am in the 450 ppm range. I use GH nutes as well

1.25 armor
2.5 cal mag
2.5 micro
2.5 grow
2.5 bloom

2 Likes

I put those amounts in 4 gals of RO water… I have been mixing and using 4 gals to add to reservoir every couple days… the first 2 times was 1/2 those amounts and had readings of 252 and 250 ppm. Went to those amounts and have readings of: 498 - 453 - 497 - 482 and 493 this morning. Guess my pen could be off. Its an off brand amazon special. also the syringes i use to measure out neuts with.

IMG_0431

3 Likes

I don’t want to scare you but I wouldn’t ber surprised if your pH and Ppm’s too be off using that meter.

I have had Amazon pens go bad in one day. Anytime I decided I was gonna use the cheap Amazon pens I bought two of them so I had something to check them with.

You can also double check pH with this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BT32UA/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_rCkOEb6P26JQY

If you ever wanna upgrade meters then check out hanna and blue lab, or apera brands

2 Likes

I use this, ppm/pH meter

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZG8L58/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_BEkOEbAV7X0C7

2 Likes

I had good luck with your type pen there @Gwrgenau, till it went south sloly on me. Slow enough I didn’t catch it till I had started having issues. I borrowed @Myfriendis410 s meter and found mine was way out of calibration. I now also keep 2 meters here. One as a back up. i use the fluid like @TDubWilly shows. It is so much easier to work with as to the powder. I will post what I have in my rez right now. For the last year. I have been adding almost 7 times of the grow through flower than I should have. When I created my chart. I mixed the grow and micro numbers :grin: I am on what it should be I guess. Right now. So now I will see what is better. my old way or the right way LOL
It didn’t seem to hurt my grows.

2 Likes

I only use that for the PPM… have the PH20 to check PH with.

Maybe it is the PPM pen as I did the small plants to runoff for the first time tonight and got the following reading from the runoff with 300ppm going in - 3360 - 5000 - 2612… can you even get that high of ppm. Plants look good to me so not sure… but its the only one I have at present time. Was looking at this one… any good? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOIN2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

IMG_0432

Stay Safe!

2 Likes

got the Apera 20 coming for ppm testing… week away or so.

1 Like

Take a quick look next time you use the tds meter. Every now and then. I will hit the button and change mine to ec. I don’t i did it if I see my numbers to far out. that would make the 3600 more like 360. It looks like it would be the bottom button

1 Like

yeah… but I was measuring the water in mix bucket before I fed it and after I was finished and it was around 300ppm the whole time with same pen.
debating on if I need to flush quickly today before new pen gets here in a week… but would mean store run for more water and trying to stay home as much as possible. My tap water is reading around 430ppm with same pen so guess I could use that to flush as I have 2 - 5 gals bubbling to get rid of chlorine now.
I know they say only water for first 3-4 weeks with this loco because of all the extra goodies they put into it, but that runoff seems insanely high to me.

2 Likes

If your water is that high. You may want to consider using this. I will mix my water 50/50 with Ro and tap water once my plants are about 6 weeks old. I start going through a lot of water then. my water is 530ppm here. I use an air stone for 24 hours to remove chlorine as well. Mostly since I mix in 5 gallon water bottles. I keep 7 on hand. This will cut down on the amount of water you will need to buy. I get my nutes in 1 gallon jugs since I tent to run through them faster now that I am growing more than 2 or 3.

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-FloraMicro-Hardwater-1-Quart/dp/B00286NB82/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=gh+hard+water+micro&link_code=qs&qid=1587679919&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-3

1 Like

Thanks… didnt even know they had a micro for hard water… will definately get for next grow. Went to half/half today on RO-Tap measured with current pen reading was 669ppm - 6.3 PH going in. cleaned reservoir today also before putting new feed into it. Going to slowly start changing to less grow and more bloom as the Goldleaf is flowering nicely… want to wait till WW starts to flower before completely changing to bloom schedule.
Flushed the 3 small ones with 3 gals just tap water that had bubbled for a couple days… runoff was 600 - 800ppm on last run off so left it there for now. amazon says new ppm pen should be here tuesday… hoping. Plants still look good… grew about 2-3 inches in one day.

Stay Safe!

2 Likes

Next time I’d wait till they got bigger till I transplanted them…At least three healthy nodes.

1 Like