Ready but not ready?

So i have two plants growing…strain is bubblegum. Research tells me it has an 8-10 week flowering time. Im at 7 weeks in flower and one looks like its just about ready while the other one clearly needs a couple more weeks. They both sprouted within 24 hours of eachother, and have been given the exact same growing conditions - light, air flow, water, nutrients, everything identical. Any idea why they would be so far apart? I mean, ive heard of phenotypes but this seems strange to me.

4 Likes

Neither of those are close…several more weeks at least.

I just chopped an auto flower…the other one of the same strain is at least two weeks behind.

4 Likes

I checked trichomes. The one thats closer is starting to show amber. Im still a new grower but i think its close

1 Like

You said it. These modern strains have such a variety of genes, you never know which ones will be dominant.

3 Likes

You got a solid 6wks for that first pic, I’d say. At least 3-4, on the next. They look great. Some plants just take longer. I just did 2 super silver haze, one took 8wks, the other over 10.

5 Likes

Thats a lot more than i thought. Trichomes are beginning to turn amber on one…

1 Like

Some turning amber but none receding. A lot of white still @Apollo

5 Likes

I’d assume the amber you are seeing would be on leaves. Not calyx.

6 Likes

Watch your size of calyx on buds ,when they swell and you see some amber on them then you are getting close.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Now i know what to look for!

1 Like