Reader Poll 1st strain

I have also grown AK-47 but it was my 4th grow so They didn’t get as much abuse as my 1st and 2nd grow with the Gold Leaf.

1 Like

My AK-47 clones are my first indoor grow, and they certainly got plenty of abuse. Growing outdoors I never paid attention to PH, so figure “what’s all the fuss over PH” boy, I learned that lesson but good. Probably a week or two from harvest, and while not going to be the biggest, I’m not complaining.

2 Likes

There are people that have cloned autos. I am trying it now. Just depends on the plant. Some jump right into flower and some take longer. Weeks longer.

1 Like

Keep us posted how that works out. I didn’t realize that perpetual grows through cloningare possible in one tent with autos

Because lighting isn’t an issue you can grow autos and spread out a month apart so you get to harvest more often. Always one in veg and one in flower

1 Like

That makes sense, but I didn’t realize that it was possible to clone autos. I just figured they would be on same flowering schedule as the mother.

I figure the stress of the clone may slow them down a bit. I don’t think they will make it to full size but it won’t hurt to get some more bud without dropping more seeds

1 Like

autos can perpetual grow!!! What??
im in denial

what @Painfree said seems to make sense, that it might be possible to get a small harvest out of an auto clone, but not likely to be able to continue cloning from those clones. It might be a fun project to see how far you can take it.

I just took a few yesterday. We will see how they go. I needed to thin out a bush so I decided why not.

1 Like

@Grum im glad to see another person who started on photos.

I guess thats why i thought of the driving stick analogy bc growing photo period on your first grow is really no big deal and if you knock it out early youll understsnd that. If you dont, theres a chamce of this “stigma” building and it seems some people even fet to thinking that growing photoperiods is an advanced grow - - and its not.
And you even listed a lot of reasons why its better than auto (cant clone, cant veg longer to recover from mistake / pet or weather damage).

Have no fear OP, if you have problems the forum is here!

I’ve grown a few sativas. AK-47, and sour d but my favorite is purple haze. Great day time bud with l loads of energy and fairly clear headed. The other two are great but made me all sorts of stupid stoned. Functioning wasn’t easy. All three were easy to grow. Purple haze is susceptible to bud rot when grown outdoors.
White Widow autos are also easy to grow. I like to start with an auto indoor and as it transitions to flower I start my photos. By the time the autos are finishing up it’s time to flip the lights for the photos. I feel like it’s an efficient way to grow in my 4x4 space.

1 Like