Read and read some more

I am that old man that posted earlier today, ( Old man…Newbie Grower).
Just wanted to let peeps know that what y ou read on here is pretty much good advice!!
I have spent many of hrs on the forum reading other post of new growers and experienced growers and have put to practice many ideas on the forum.
It takes all or most of the guess work out of growing…but the thing I have come to realize is that Mary Jane is just a weed and is a stronger plant than most give it credit for…
So back to the point …there is a lit of info on the forum so take advantage of it

10 Likes

@skyroo1029 Just sayin’!!!

2 Likes

A well stated truth!

2 Likes

In my very limited experience, it seems to me, the 2 biggest issues growers come up against are improper Ph and poor watering practices. If you can get these 2 points in check. You’ll save yourself a myriad of problems down the line.

6 Likes

@skyroo1029 you don’t qualify as old unless you were born in the 1st half of the last century!! LMAO, I am not only old but ancient:)

3 Likes

@SilentHippie is right. I think 90 % of problems all go back to ph. It always starts with ph

2 Likes

Born in the early 50’s…so old…lol.
Also I save all my coffee grounds and egg shells and incorporate in my soil and an earthworm or to when I am digging in garden…

3 Likes

These plants are pretty tough and can take a lot of abuse in soil and still recover. I purposely over pruned a gold leaf recently and it’s recovered completely with nice colas

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the growing technique that works best for you in the course of all that reading.

Maybe get to know some good people while you’re here…

2 Likes

They will love it! Shells give calcium slowly.

1 Like