RE-Veging a continous grow garden

I confess, I made a Christmas Special purchase today (PNW snow melted, and lets be safe, for the next blizzard). Even bought a cartridge of MauiWaui (ILGM 3 seeds 11-11-2022, germinated). So
Truth be told this buy is also a comparison for setting the product bar, Can we beat the green store product? TBT, if i found a seed, in the commercial weed, I would not complain.
Keife Mining takes time. I watched the snow, arrive and melt, cause we got time. Merry Christmas!
My seedlings love me more than my revegered ladies, currently. However, 2 re-veg ladies, stayed color perfect, did a quick inch single leaf length with node stretch, stayed female flower and bottom buds, still looking great. @DukeHale . Enjoy this thread and your welcome to contribute, should you choose.
Merry Christmas to all.2022-12-24T08:00:00Z

3 Likes

how long did it take you to reveg? @DEEPDIVERDAVE
WAIT you re-vegged so that why you haven’t smoke any yet? why didn’t you take a clone and keep in veg and let the other grow out?

Side Bar, did you read the first post in the thread? Summer experiments involved seed mining, re-vegetation flowering, outdoor pollenations and more seed mining. PNW outdoor growing calendar was favorable for long summer, but late start and poor lighting (low DLI). So Awesome bud production was not experienced, Bulk Seed mining destroys immature nuggets, that cure process wants left alone for months. Seeds mined, weed destroyed, keife mined from screened destroyed de-seeded plants.
Oh yes, all harvested plants, harvested im-mature to support learning how to cure, various bud/plant stages while refining my methods. $XXXX.XX more spent going for better than store bought. My Keife smokes better than my leaf, for sure. I went to ILGM for MauiWaui seeds, they will be my next cloners.
My seeded seedlings started 11-1 2022 look as good as the ILGM seeders from 11-11-2022.
My new seedling mat should assist this new crop of ladies. Just killing time on all other ladies.
un-mined, in jars, being cured, awaiting further disposition.

2 Likes

haha im sorry @DEEPDIVERDAVE i will have to read this later, i was reading posting and didn’t realize i kept hitting the pipe lol :joy: im so baked i must have read this 6 times and i just can’t lolol

2 Likes

Less than a week of interrupted multiple changes in lighting.
Do not go above 18/6, as trying to avoid hermis.
The the cold hit, had to change lighting to get heat.
PNW-Snow gone, back to 12/12 in Re-veg Flower tent, and 18/6 in veg tent and 20/4 in seedling/clone tent.
LST Clips installed today on a few.
I tend to lose and leave them until harvest.
I set some today.

Even tied the white pipe cleaner thru the clip for sideways and down for branch.

3 Likes

This is her third revedge shes so thick. I need to do some training soon. From harvest to new grouth takes about a month

Above pic is plant on the left ilgm blueberry

4 Likes

Spring 2022 ILGM Super Silver Haze. Clones Banano Blueberry (awesome), White Widow and Trainwreck. Summer 2022 Hermi explosion/exploitation and orgy resulted in “Bag Seeds” crop.
11-1-22 Bag seeds germinated and into dirt.
11-11-22 ILGM MauiWaui and Gold Leaf 2 each germinated and in dirt.
Continous garden plan, in process and progress.
Merry Christmas to all.
@Lawnfarmer thanks for the pictures. Forum contributors inspired the re-veg trials.
Summer results great. Indoor currently 4of 6 made the change well, I think (Autos?). They retained color, exhibited stretch, single leaf development, stayed flowering female, and will rule tent soon. 2 (Photo’s?) not as favorable and may yield their space, soon. Back to 14/10 , today now that cold and snow melted.
I want the Autos to BURST-BLOOM-Blossum. adn your pictures give me hope, with a goal. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

3 Likes

Winter of '83, SoDakota, -34below outside, +45 inside lung room when HPS light off.
We survived, til summer.

1 Like

I spent 5 hours today, empty tent, install large filter in tent, install Intakes, exhaust, fans, re-hung lights.
Ran wires and re-hung, strung, and positioned. Then applied power and balanced system for remote controlled operations. Vaccum tent and Ladies back in tent. Nothing dropped on deck, yet. Everything double suspended (original and safety cables). Merry Day after Christmas to all.
2022-12-26T08:00:00Z
added for cold weather,
Yes, Summer of '84, took long underwear off and didn’t replace with clean pair as of Flag Day. Departed SD for warmer weather.

2 Likes

Two seperate topics,
Popcorn buds? I left whole colas, so they could stretch and grow to big colas.
I left enough bottom growth, that half the plants remained. I too the best top halfs.

The 10/2 twice a day was an emergency routine to counter artic cold in grow (garage).
The other garden occupants needed to stay in flower and I needed more lights on hours.
All I know, regarding re-vegetation/flipping, Some 24 on then 18/6, and finally 12/12 is half went to bush and the remaining stayed in form, with no color change. The bushes got wack/hack trimmed. Slower than excited growth, but nobody dead, yet.

2 Likes

Other forum thread discussions often focus on lights. I must confess, in April 22, I bought the cheapest 1000watt and 2000watt lights available. Having front loaded some costly LED lights from 2014, preparing for retirement, which got delayed during 5year Honeymoon, in Japan, the opportunity to purchase 1000watts was to tempting to pass. I owned a real 1000 watt light, in 1984 (HPS 1000watts with 20lb ballast device). Truth be told forum poster advised not participating in such foolishness or not to be too disappointed at the misleadingly false advertising. Previously I mapped my tents for the android photone app. Unfortunately, 800PPFD is the range where the phone maxes out. Indoors or out. Not sure if LUX and PPFD will both max as daylight in summer at noon, did the phone. regardless here is the results I got lately.

Disclamer the thousand meter watts was the total of multiple lights.
V1200, V600,VS1000 and some small junk, not just one light.
Spread sheet from two tents 4x4, with 1000 watts and 700 watts, totals.
Realistically, I am utilizing double in wattage for half the advertised results if that.
4X more costly before PSE applies the Brandon-Vladmir tax

1 Like

Happ New Year to all.
RE-VEGING update:
Slow growth continues, but ok with me, for now.
Definitely have a contender for Kentucky Derby.
Shaped some today. Hate my camera (s) and my pictures are shXt. but, real.

removed these 3 today

Same three, sadly (or not), trimmed for dry routine.

Remaining shape favored and cleaned some. Top leaves are re-veged stretched flowering bud sites.
If she now blooms, there are 7 cola/branch/shoots that have full flowered as was trimmed today.
The bottom plant remained when I took the top half for the re-veg experiment.
Potential for this 5-gal lady to get 10-gal grow condo penthouse residence.

5 Likes

HLG 350R
Christmas came late, or early, perspective and attitude.
I shouldn’t afford the ScorpDiab, as that is over-kill (but testosterone inducing) and wife will want to spend similar amount on new FKNG SHOES, So this was less painfull, or will be. Additionally, I will be getting the cheapest hand held bluetooth flux-capicitor measuring device. The ability to participate in the LED quality light discussions, was too much to pass (HLG, China Cheapies, PFD, PAR, PPFD, LUX, and Bigger buds) . The Vipar Spectras (I have a few, purchased in the last 10 years, total 3.3k watts advertised, draw 1700watts max, for 2 tents 48x48x80. Lighting improvment desired. Forum discussions abound and actually favor the smaller and more quality lights. Additionally, The 750-Diablo was only being sold with that GROWFLUX stuff. I dont need more electronics, just more light.
Updates to follow.
In for a penny, in for a few thousand $$$$$[date=2023-01-04 timezone=“America/Los_Angeles”]

2 Likes

@Ickey

@ickey I bought these for continuing this LUX train.

My android and my Vipar Spectras saddly are not even close to those numbers. So I bought these.

Re-veg candidates selected from prime grow available, given calendar and incomming.
Re-veg candidates all looked prime when halved for hang/cure while bottom desirable good looking material purposely allowed to remain. Reason, wanted to send healthy desirable female back to veging for BUD JOB. Vegetation stretch, single leaf blade leaves, female buds remained (bottom, not looking bad and top looking like beginers- single pair femil whites). Out of 6 revegers, 4 went good and remain desirable potential producers. Two went bush and look unkept, for sure. Todays garden activity was incredible. I took a re-veger 5-gal bag and sawed in half seperating the two ladies. They were neither twins or related, just two orphans given the same dirt residence, Pictures. posted. @Spudgunner, ever split a bigger pair of plants? Thank you for the learning opportunity (-ies) you share. It is getting better, I think.

Given prime soil and full support for growth.
Fun when new light arrives.

6 Likes

Nope, never had to split 2 plants before. I was given some clones 2018 or 2019 that had 2 together in one pot, I just left them!

I’m actually in the middle of transplanting my clones of clones of…and putting them in my new veg area in the dungeon. Made up a mix of nutes and pre-wet some ProMix, just filled the 1gallon pots with mold holes for their roots. Figured I better set the timer up and get the light going. And rest my back for half hour before the final pop out of small pot into new dirt bend-over. Then to spread the main tent out, one Death Bubba per corner and Dutch Treat in the middle! Pics later in my thread!

Looks like you did a good split, hope they both take off again (and again!). :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, they looked too good, to be crowded by each other. Seperating and favoring because they were good producers, before, and now, I expect them to bulk up buds Win, Win. Thanks to forum discussions and desiring to have a factula experience, this re-veging tool will be very helpful for sustained grow routine.

4 Likes

I always take 3 clones. But I always split them like you once I take them out of Bansai mode. One to grow, one to gift, and one for the slugs. You know none ever die :joy:. I always give so many away I like extras.

3 Likes

I have lots of those little pots, more than I have space for! So I can easily fit a dozen of those pots in my clonedome, may as well do 1 per, and 10 is enough, should really only need 4 (sitting on 9 right now, tho :crazy_face:). I have my perpetual space set up now, test it for a couple of runs. Wife let me put my old light in the crawlspace!

3 Likes