Re-harvesting from a successful plant?

I’ve been trying to get an answer on this in my grow journal, the I realized it would be better to just ask here.

It appears that these flowers grow similar to basil, in that you can snip the stem in the right place and 2 shoots will result.

I think fimming and training during the first veg are pretty much the same thing. Sooooo, if you follow your 48+hr dark period before harvest by starting your 18/6 lighting after, would it not have new shoots that will eventually flower? The soil has been flushed and is ready to start over with a different nutrient mix, seems too perfect. What am I missing?

2 Likes

I believe You could get it to reveg as long as you left enough vegetation on her
It would be almost like monster cropping the time whole plant ?? I believe
@Hogmaster @Majiktoker any thoughts here and I thinking wrong and would there be a benefit to doing this guys ?

i have heard that yield is less and the time to recover from the stress is around the same as a good veg anyway so there would not really be anything to gain, from what i understand

but no personal experience here

2 Likes

Well, the plants are already established so more hearty. I guess the question would be whether the electricity cost would be worth it. You could re-veg one or two plants while nursing seedlings through their veg stages, then flower at the same time. Just spit-balling here.

1 Like

This technique makes sense only if you trying to save and preserve some unique genetics which you observed too close to harvest and you did not take clones before…
As matter of fact I have one plant I will be doing it with…
Hopefully it will be successful :wink:

1 Like

Yes you can reveg a plant after harvesting as long as you leave 2 branches or more on it. Place her back in 18/6 for 2 weeks and she will Start to reveg her self.

Personal thought on this, depending on how long she vegges for it could be less of a yeild, more of a yield or the same yield even. And its time consuming if your not patient I certainly wouldn’t recommend this

2 Likes

The other side of this is they will probably be rootbound by harvest time so unless you also transplant into much larger pots the new growth will be the same as any rootbound plant from the beginning. That means slower veg, smaller buds, smaller leaves, etc.

@Ragnar, in this case, the “unique genetics” are that they are mine :slight_smile:

@Majiktoker, patience I have. Check out my grow (Bonsai) these girls are over 160 days old! I’m attached! I’m also retired, divorced, kids grown, etc. Time I have too.

@Stomper, In this case I doubt they are rootbound. I had so many issues early (and didn’t know about this forum) that when I repotted them about 2 weeks before flowering the roots were just getting healthy again. They are in small pots too because of that. Repotting in a larger pot would definitely be a part of the post-harvest plan.

1 Like

You got this covered, go for it !!
Happy growing, I think it will be successful :wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

@Whodat66

I heard that it is possible to reveg as well. I read an article on it somewhere but can’t remember exactly.

I think there will be more hassle than it’s worth. But if you do decide to do it. Please tag me with your updates so I can see how it goes. I’m quite curious.

1 Like

I’m definitely going to try to re-veg, but not indoors. Outdoors in N. Cali. Thanks for the info on 2 branches @Majiktoker !

1 Like

From everything I’ve seen, (at least during the veg stage) this grows just like basil. If you snip a stem in the right place above a set of leaves, 2 sprouts will come back. Kind of like the paired flowers at each leaf set on your cola. The blue arrows are the “paired flowers”, red is where you could cut if it was in veg.

The curious part is going to be dealing with a plant beyond veg, and the flowers at those notches are gonna be nugs. I doubt I’ll be sacrificing any nugs, so the pruning of them for harvest might be a pain if I need to leave enough greenery to let it keep growing. Thinking about leaving as many fan leaves as possible.

2 Likes

I’m doing it right now dude, it’s gorgeous to watch!! Took 3 clones from a budding mother plant and they’ve reverted back to veg growth.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes