RDWC general info

Straight ro water?

Yes no nutrients yet

On my feeding chart it says to add 1/2 tsp per gallon. Do I count the total amount of gallons in my RDWC system then add 1/2 per each gallon?

This is the chart I found for the nutrients I’m using. Do I need to do a water change before adding each new nutrient?

Yes you’ll change weekly. So the top line is week 1. You’l add those and go one week. At week two you do a water change and add the second week feed. You don’t have enough water volume to go any further. And if you did have enough it would change the way you feed.

You probably have enough to go 10 days and if the plants aren’t looking hungry you could stretch it that far. But don’t add more than half what it says on nutes.

Here’s the chart I actually have something for seedlings do I still take that down 1/2 strength? Also do I figure this table to the 16 gallons I have in the dwc system? And lastly I took 1 gallon of ro water put 1/2 tsp of seedling fertilizer alittle ph up and the 2ml of cal mag the bottle called for and it only raised the ppm to 236 in the 1 gallon test. Then I saw the directions to use tap water. What should I actually follow?

Yes only half. You can adjust up later if the plants want it. Use half dose of calmag and half dose of nutes. So calculate them for 8 gallons. And check ph after you’ve added them.

And keep using ro water. But you may need to go to a full dose of calmag if it starts showing any deficiencies. Just keep watch for any little spots that look like rust.

1 Like

Awsome. Again thanks again for all the fast help!!

1 Like

You’re welcome. There’s not a lot of info on the subject. Mostly because there’s so many variables. I pretty much made my schedule up as I went. Maybe this next grow I’ll try to document it better to help those in similar scenarios.

1 Like

Have you grown autoflowers? I started with the white widow autoflowers. Wondering if that would be the same feeding schedule seeing they grow to harvest quicker?

I do grow autos. In fact that’s all I’m going to be growing for a while. Except for a clone I’m growing now. I kind of follow it. But I use screwauger feeding schedule.

Click the arrow to expand the post

2 Likes

So I use 50% of the suggested nutes and do as he describes. First through third week are seedling level nutes. Fourth through sixth are veg weeks. And switch to flower at 7th. I try to increase ppms by only 100 ppm a week. Autos need less than photos and hydro needs less than soil. So between the two using half strength nutes will be absolute max.

2 Likes

Props appreciated @DoobieNoobie and I love this getting shared around. It’s not mine though, I copied it from a thread on another site and the thread title is Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants. I can’t post a link as the site sells seeds and is a competitor.

Right below the weekly schedule the poster put this example feeding schedule. It does show what I do with bloom nutes ive just never used bio biz

1 Like

So do half strength the entire way through, now increasing the ppm is that adding more cal mag?

No half dose on it unless you see signs it needs more. Each week on the feed schedule it’ll be a little higher amount. That’s where the higher numbers come from.

@Screwauger thanks for that. It’s been really helpful and seems to give autos the best of both worlds. Faster times (compared to photos) and solid returns. I’ll go look at that thread. I think I know where to look.

1 Like

THCFarmer I think it was @DoobieNoobie

1 Like

Just went down to check on everything and one of my return hoses is wanting to pinch/suck together where it goes into my resivor bucket. I’ve tried moving the buckets to move the hose around nothing to get the link really out any ideas?

If you have a hair dryer you could try heating up the hose and pinching it on the opposite sides to help reshape it. But some hose once kinked it won’t undo it no matter what.

Anyone know where I could find a water chiller new or used for my RDWC system around 150-200$?

I don’t know of any that cheap. But let me know if you find one.