Ray's grow 7 season strawberry ice

@GreenJewels @dbrn32 @CoyoteCody @Missiles @PurpNGold74 I know I missed a few so follow if you want. After I pulled my root balls I took the left over medium combined them then added new amendments. I went with neem seed meal as the base then added kelp and alfalfa langbenite and Oyster shell worn casting and compost still had plenty of coco. Dropped the seed right into the pot and she popped her head up today.

5 Likes

Nice! She’s an eager little one :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag. I’m set to watch. She is an eager little seedling. Is that a strawberry ice seedling? I’ll have to come back and give her a like when I get some.

4 Likes

Same here (no likes) but watchin. Good luck Ray

4 Likes

Set to watching thanks for the tags!

2 Likes

Sweet, good luck!

3 Likes

I got bad news guys lol seems my compost was infested with bugs and they killed my plant. I have started a new strawberry ice seed but i am going to grow in dwc this time LOL

Lol bad news especially for us earthheads… :beers: to next attempt

Can you guys help me out does this look like roots are forming it looks like calcium deposit to me lol

To my eyes it looks like the white bumps on the upper portion are roots starting. I’m not sure about the lower portion, it looks pretty weird. Sorry to hear about the soil bugs

The picture didn’t turn out that great the bottom is a bunch o white dots I think they are roots starting but seems like it’s taking forever

Well I checked on her today and finally she popped a root out took at least ten days lol

1 Like

And the root broke lol this lady is giving me nothing but problems lol.

@PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Missiles I have a question for you guys. Ok i have some outside plants growing that i used as mothers i have cloned them and have their offspring growing in hydro in the basement. So my question is this. Since the days are starting to get shorter should i add more pk to the roots since they will start to flower here shortly? I have Fish Bone Meal 3-16-00 and langbeinite 0-0-22 along with epsom salts and oyster shells for cal/mag and alfalfa and kelp meals. They wont start to really flower for a month so i figure if i add this now that it will have time to break down the amendments. Tell me what you think i am new to this organic stuff i made super soil for my last soil grow.

4 Likes

I’ll wait for the other gentlemen. I’ve never amended my soil but it sounds like you have a good game plan :wink:

1 Like

@Budbrother can you give us your thoughts :v::green_heart: I can only kinda sorta help.

1 Like

See what budbrother thinks. From my perspective you could probably top dress all of them based on directions on box. If you were building super soil you would throw all of them in the mix, don’t see how it would be much different. Or, you could probably look at doing a tea and hand feeding.

2 Likes

Top dress now. It takes time for your organics to break down. I’d be adding fish bone 3-4wks before needed. Look at the solubility of your items as well. Things like langbanite (soluble) have rapid breakdown. Alfalfa is for veg and breaks down rapidly, but It can be used for a N booster in flowering. I recommend it’s used in a tea form in this case.

Mix the ingredients into a compost or EWC to assist with breakdown, and then top dress this mix.

2 Likes

Thanks @Budbrother I added half a cup of fish bone, langbenite, and quarter cup of neem seed meal. They are just starting to flower outside as the days get shorter. This is a picture of the two cuttings I took a few weeks back they are both a little over 3 weeks in veg in dwc bubble buckets using Jack’s 321 at full strength.

the one on the left took forever to root lol that’s why she is behind her sister.

4 Likes

I went on vacation I really over filled my to buckets thinking they won’t drink 3.5 gallons of water in 4 days. Boy I was wrong the girl on the right drank almost all of it. I only had like half a gallon of water in her tank. She also really took off fast.

4 Likes

Wow, they both look great but that one on the right really took off! I see Jack’s for sale at a lot of the garden centers and Amish stores around. From what I’ve seen , looks like good stuff.

1 Like