Rays 4th season Star Killer and Do-si-doe Bag Seeds (1 maybe a glue)

Ok guys I am scared I pulled that lady. She isn’t doing much. But I had to cut off her roots and that mean quite a bit of her roots are wrapped inside the other roots are those going to rot in the res tank since I can’t get them all out? Will I just have to harvest the whole thing now? Suggestions please

i see quite a bit of cloudy, but no amber at all.

1 Like

I know they are not ready I just notice I have alot of cloudy should start to Amber in the next couple weeks. I am not a fan of alot of Amber, cloudy is when they are at peak thc. This is just my opinion but I would start looking for Amber if I want my concentrate to have a color. Cloudy is prime smoke in my honest opinion

2 Likes

cloudy is good. but waiting until you see at least a little amber is what i’m doing. if no amber at all then i’m not sure that they are not still ripening.

1 Like

But can anyone let me know if the little bit of roots I left in the res tank will infect the other roots. Everything I read said rot is weird that it will attack certain roots but not others my other plants are fine should I be worried?

@monkman the tent should have 1-2 weeks left to ripen like 1.5 weeks actually then a flush so 2-2.5 weeks before harvest

the pistils are starting to get orange won’t be long now

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s my eyes but this one seems to have a purple pink tint to me

6 Likes

great buds @Rayofsunshine

1 Like

Good question, I’ll tag some folks for an answer. I’m very curious as well. at this point I’ve only used a single bucket and was able to remove it from tent, dump it and clean it and refill it so I never had that problem @BigDaddyCain. @peachfuzz @Bogleg

3 Likes

I hope @peachfuzz has the answer or even @Grandaddy013 might they do same bin grows I do 1 bin 1 plant but they will die off inside the bin u might have to be a bit more on clean side so they rinse out but let them answer that fuzz will most likely know

3 Likes

@Rayofsunshine what made you think you had root rot? At this close to harvest, what cha gonna do? If it were me, as long as the other plants weren’t having problems, I’d keep growing.

6 Likes

If your using hydrogard it shouldn’t matter …
That product breaks down plant and root matter and converts it into stuff that the other plants will eat…
Sometimes I grow more then one plant in one little container like I did this time and one plant was a girl and one was a boy , instead of trying to separate them after being in the same pot for 2 months , I just cut the boy out right at the hydro tone level and left the trunk and roots in there…
No issues… but like I said , I use hydrogard …:wink:
I should also mention that I empty everything out and refill with freash water and nutrients every 3 weeks…
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

i’m in supersoil and i use hydroguard with every watering

2 Likes

I use uc roots not hydro guard. Her roots were brown and twisted she wasn’t growing at all really small buds I removed her. I don’t think I will have a problem it’s almost time to harvest.

1 Like

uc roots is a steriliser… I was always worried it may not be enough… sorry for your loss…:pensive:

1 Like

I lost a bag seed so no loss really lol. I didn’t know this about uc roots i am going to have to get hydroguard i read another forum that said hydroguard will last from res to res change where uc roots has to be added threw the week. I didn’t know this. will hydroguard cause a algae bloom since its a bacteria i will get it for next season.

1 Like

oh no man, yeah its like peroxide, but they sell it for $40 a litre then tell you, you need to add how much how often?.. hydroguard it will cause no algal bloom will help prevent this.

I preface this with very recent usage of hydroguard however as we are not allowed to buy it in Australia and everyone uses it I did a lot of research and changed from uc roots, had to buy rebadged hydroguard on ebay at $100 quart… worth it though… magic stuff.

clear no smell, and if you are susceptible to bud rot it is a preventer if you spray it on as a bio fungicide… at least now you know bud.:grinning:

still sux though.

4 Likes

I have this philosophy about good and bad news.
“Story time” a farmer loses his horse and his friend said it’s bad news you lost your horse. Good news bad news whose to say. The horse returns with another horse, good news you could say. He gives the second horse to his son who takes him for a ride and he gets tossed off and brakes his leg. Bad news
The farmer said good news bad news whose to say. Then the emperor comes and takes every boy in the village to go to war but leaves the boy with the broken leg. Good news
So while I did lose this girl she really wasn’t doing much. And I learn about ucroots vs hydroguard so it’s still good news

5 Likes

As you can see she has really small flowers and they are already 30% Amber
so gives me a bit more room to spread this girl’s wings

9 Likes