Rather disappointing yield White Widow

Sounds like a pretty good plan. @dbrn32 look out. You are now on my radar. I’ll be in touch soon. And thanks, guys.

1 Like

I did too. And I’m no electrical engineer.

3 Likes

Greetings, Mentor.
After posting my problem to the forum it has been suggested that I get with you concerning building lighting for my setup. If you are willing to do so I sure would appreciate your help.
To start, I don’t know what I need. My tent is 2x4x5’ . I have a fan,a carbon filter w/4” in line fan. Current light on a timer. I have a pH test kit, moisture gauge and light meter. I follow directions well and I’m a fast learner. The light in use was a VivoSun 1000w full spectrum led, that I’m told is woefully inadequate.

Think you could help me out?
Acheyoldman

1 Like

@Acheyoldman to get a hold of someone add the @ symbol before their name.

@dbrn32

1 Like

@dbrn32

After posting my problem to the forum it has been suggested that I get with you concerning building lighting for my setup. If you are willing to do so I sure would appreciate your help.
To start, I don’t know what I need. My tent is 2x4x5’ . I have a fan,a carbon filter w/4” in line fan. Current light on a timer. I have a pH test kit, moisture gauge and light meter. I follow directions well and I’m a fast learner. The light in use was a VivoSun 1000w full spectrum led, that I’m told is woefully inadequate.

Think you could help me out?

1 Like

Ya I can help you out. Can you take a measurement of the inside of tent to make sure it’s truly 24"x48" please

1 Like

I’ll do it when I break for lunch. Many thanks.

2 Likes

Just be patient. @dbrn32 has a lot on his plate right now so might be a bit between posts.

2 Likes

As the others stated, I just purchased another home and I’m kinda working on honey do lists at both, while unpacking and everything else. But I’ll definitely help you out.

2 Likes

Just measured and it is truly 24" x 48". And I really do appreciate your offer of help. This is at your convenience, of course.

1 Like

So a qb 260xl kit would do. Or, you can save a little maybe $50-$100 by doing a light with a 4 pack of 120 or 132 boards. That would require you to build a frame out of something like aluminum angle to mount boards to, then is pretty much just like assembling a qb kit. Or if you want to do something really custom, there’s a number of 560mm and 1120mm led strips that would also fit.

@dbrn32 Many thanks. I’ll be investigating this today. And I’ll let you know how it works out.

2 Likes

I believe someone else posted some references. Pacific light concepts, led gardener, growmau5, and even just poking around on YouTube can get you a lot of information. There’s several build threads on this forum alone.

I can help you regardless of what you want to do. Just a matter of budget and what you feel comfortable with. Most people get nervous about the wiring, but that’s probably the easiest part. We’ll get you setup with stuff that’s safe and reliable, then wiring will be walk in the park.

I did a strip build with @dbrn32’s help. If you have access to aluminum sheet or similar, doing a diy strip build could save a bunch. I did panels using aluminum I had available and built 3 killer lights for $200 each (times 3). Last harvest for 3 plants, hydro, was just shy of 2 pounds of flower and my yield was 1.25 grams per watt.

1 Like

Another thing to look into above lighting is airflow inside the tent. I’m a huge proponent of small oscillating fans and stripping unnecessary leaves from the lower half of the plant robbing nutrients from your flowers. They call it lollipopping. I do it to every plant mid flower.
My ¢.02 is for the Horticulture lighting group lights. Easy to put together and great customer service.

1 Like

@Acheyoldman

you said you have a PH test kit. if this is anything besides a digital PH n PPM Meter set…you are flying blind. test strips and soil probes for PH are worthless. $20 online for PH n PPM Meter set

1 Like

Apera ph20 tester for $45 from Amazon has more than paid for itself. Darn good product. No nutrient lock out growing auto flower.