RATED R - No one under 17 admitted

Not trying to tell you what to do,but with that same 540 you could get multiple lights that will cover a greater footprint and be able to grow more plants?
@MindlessCorpse

6 Likes

@Nug-bug
well, I am a far ways from pulling the trigger on that light, so Tell me what you are thinking? What multiple lights are you referring to?
Mostly what I like on the one above is the 5 year warranty. It does cover a decent footprint at 4’x4.5’.
I have looked at and considered some of the E27 base LED grow lights also, but am not committed to anything yet.

Well tbh the advanced platinum, is one of the “Top” brands supposedly. But I can’t see paying triple the price for lights.
I have 3-300w Mars hydro and I’m very happy so far.
They are a ton of grows, going right now with mars,rollandro, viperspectra, mehzi.
All cheaper options for great lights.
At the end of the day it’s your $$$, if you have it like that then cool. Those lights are one of the top 5 company. However I don’t see that light having a 4x4.5ft footprint, especially in flower.

5 Likes

mindless that’s an insane setup *drool :slight_smile: great work mate

1 Like

If I had to purchase lights again, rather than the 300 watt Meizhi and 1,000 watt Laputa units I would go with the latest gen COB led (circuit on board). @Nug-bug knows that having multiple lights offers tremendous flexibility during your grow. For example I have a 300 watt Meizhi sitting over clones in a nursery, small plants under 2 more and when they get larger the other lights will get energized as needed.

I do think your tent is large enough for 2 adult plants.

Nice setup. Relax and enjoy the process. Welcome!

4 Likes

@Nug-bug Thanks, this is what I am here for, advice from people with experience. I will look into the options you have suggested. I do agree on the point of having multiple smaller lights vs one large. A person could run just what is needed for the grow and when more light is needed, more units on. Also lighting from different angles.
@Drsmeg Thanks for the compliment. This is my first grow and I am trying to start off by giving myself the tools to do it right. Will get better as I go along. With the help a forum like this can give I will learn.
@Myfriendis410 COB? Something for me to do a little reading about. I have seen a few here mention them and I will look for more info on it. Sounds like the next thing in lighting. Maybe more people here will post their experience with them and I can learn from that.

[quote=“Myfriendis410, post:25, topic:12488”]
Relax and enjoy the process
[/quote] hahaha… yea I can’t do that yet. I probably make 10 or 15 trips upstairs each day to have a look. I guess that after I can complete a grow a time or three I might learn to “Relax”
My worst thing is when I look I always think “That looks to dry” but I have to put off the urge to give them some water until it is needed. I know they are not that accurate, but maybe I should get one of those soil moisture meters just so I can be doing something for peace of mind?
Thanks for the Ideas and comments guys, keep it coming and I can learn from your experiences instead of learning the hard way.
MC

2 Likes

As long as you are just spritzing them twice a day right now you’re doing great.

There was a post this morning on a podcast regarding lighting that would be perfect for you to check out. All of your questions will be answered.

I’m an all led guy, but my girls go outside as frequently as I can. So, call me a hybrid grower. (Sunlight is free)

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 can you tell me where to find this post?

Hmmm, I could maybe start placing these baby plants in a window during the afternoons and evening when the sun is on the west side of the house. But what about the Temp.? it is in the mid 90’s around here.

Growing with fishes podcast #46. At the search icon type in led podcast and the one I wrote down is the one you want.

1 Like

so, I watch @Oldstoner 's thread, he has had some excellent results and saw this,…
https://www.amazon.com/Roleadro-Spectrum-Light-Innovated-Generation/dp/B01I4NY8KW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499723499&sr=8-1&keywords=roleadro+400w+cob
if my better half says ok, I might order a couple tonight.
Thoughts ?
MC

2 Likes

Honestly wouldn’t have known that was packaging until you told me guys xD looks like a random jar to me… but hey ho nice to know what my delivery will look like on the next grow

Thanks for the heads up

That’s exactly the one I’d try. Maybe try one.

Not the picture I was referring to.

2 units on the way :sunglasses:

1 Like

Id go woth viperspectra, veg bloom is good, good par and decent wattage for price, or meizhi

1 Like

@Nug-bug @yoshi @Hogmaster @Oldstoner @TxGrowman @Niala @DissidentPriest @Drsmeg

July 11/17
New pics.

so…
Three leaf did not like the LED first day so I had to move her to under one of the 10 inch domes and turned that light on her (100 watt 6700k spiral cfl) and let the dome shade her from the LED. I worked her a bit closer and closer to being out from under the dome and exposed to LED. Now she is sitting in the corner, not directly under the LED but I will move her closer and closer to center of tent and maybe she will be good to go.
The other still seems a bit pale and I am wondering if I am still running LED too close, it is now at 40 inches above the leaves, neither plant has started to stretch yet.
What do you guys think ? Still too much light?
I did order two of the Roleadro 400W COB lights. Maybe starting with one at a time I can get better control… don’t know yet. Seems like learning the proper amount of and distance from lights is a tricky bit to learn.
The PH is easy enough so far, 6.5 is 6.5. The soil? Well I started one in an Organic nute free seedling starter and it sprouted ok. The other I started in a mix of Perry Morse Organic seedling starter and FFOF and it seems ok also (overlooking it having an extra leaf) so starting soil might be a bit of a forgiving thing. But the lights… I am wondering if the one I have in there now might just be too powerful for that tent height, 60" The light recommends distances of 0.5m to 1.5m. so that’s about 1 1/2 to 5 feet ? so it is at 40 inches now, dont lights generally get moved further from tops during flower? plus the extra 1 1/2 to 2 feet of growth plus final bucket height… input and thoughts on this will be helpful.
Thanks for reading,
MC

4 Likes

So, here’s my thoughts:

Your plants look good. I would say your light is at a good height. Something that a struggling seedling often benefits from is covering in a clear dome for a couple of days. A little humidity boost seems to be beneficial. I use a 300 watt Meizhi for my nursery box which is 1" foil backed Styrofoam and is 14" X 22" X 30" high. I do all of my seedlings and cuttings (clones) in it and the light is fixed height. I can raise them in the box but generally keep them around 24" from the light when they’re sprouts. I have had no problems with them growing within 12" of the light before removing them. Correction: I am having issues with one plant growing slowly vertically. She’s beautiful but short. Not sure if the early development was affected by my conditions.

For flower you want LOTS of light. Close is good so long as you don’t bleach any flowers.

2 Likes

As @Myfriendis410 said, you move the lights closer in flower for more bud stacking intensity.
It is somewhat a pain starting out with a new light,figuring out the distance, but your doing fine.

1 Like

I haven’t decided yet whether a little stretching early might be good versus really dense, tight nodes. Because that’s what I’ve GOT! I’d just like to see her to 30" before flower…

1 Like