Rate my dry sift

Hey all. I just ran some trim through my new screens. I have never done this before, and I don’t smoke. I am curious what you think of this. It was a quick run through 60,86,110, and 200 LPI screens. the stuff pictured was on top of the 200. I cleaned it with the static Parchment/DVD case method. For the amount of effort that went in, it looks pretty clean. Would it need to be cleaned further to achieve full melt or am I there?

8 Likes

Thanks for the information. I screened a little trim the other day. What was left on the 150 micron screen contained a lot of plant material but also heads that were to big to go through the screen. I just put in a container thinking I would run it through a different screen.

I did not know about the parchment paper static cling thing, so thanks I will give it a try.
This makes me think that cellophane may work too if not better. I have a 100 feet of it so I will give it a try.
Nice looking kief.

4 Likes

Sounds like a “chili pepper” album…
“Rate my sift”!
Lol… sorry as you were.

5 Likes

@bazoo , can you Amador are on this method? Thank you

2 Likes

@beardless @AAA I’ve been watching too many videos, lol. I’m sure you are both familiar with bubbleman and his videos. He has a ton of great hash making vids and touches on the static method in a couple. I think this video (I hope the link works) is one of the better how to’s on the static DVD case method. Right Around the 18 minute mark she starts to get into how to do it. I could visibly see this working before my eyes when I tried it. I’ve seen a video of someone doing the same thing with a paint roller and parchment paper. I haven’t tried that yet.

3 Likes

Sweet, thanks @bazoo !

1 Like

Thanks. OLD dog new tricks

1 Like

@AAA @beardless Glad I was able to contribute, feel free to drop any tips, lol. I’m just getting started at this!

2 Likes

May I ask what screen set you purchased and where. If amazon it is ok to link otherwise an address would be be much appreciated. Since you used LPI I assume they are for screen printing. Thanks

i bought them individually from totalinksolutionsdotcom i went with the 23x31’s they were between $28 and $35 per screen depending on LPI. very nice quality. Use “CHAT10” for a discount. They delivered way faster than I expected. 2 days if I recall.
good luck, post some finished product pics!!

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

1 Like