Rapid rooter storage

What is the beat way to store rapid rooters. They come in a pack of 50 and I am wondering how to store them?
I was figuring somewhere in a cool dry place. I was thinking about putting them in ziploc bags, but don’t know the best place to store them. Any ideas yall?

2 Likes

U r reading my mind.
I put them in a big zip lock and put in back of my closet . I think it’s OK if they dry out a little you can just spray with water or soak for a couple seconds and be OK.

1 Like

Appreciate it brother

1 Like

The only reason I even bought them was because of the trouble with starting my cookies , so the rapid rooter is just for them .

My Reggie clones are doing fine in rock wool but I think soil is better for me.

1 Like

I keep mine in crawl space dark and cool

2 Likes

@Hawkeye_diesel

Try this: I use rapid-rooters as well, you can store them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge, they will last longer that way. When it’s time to use them I just take a few out and place in a smaller bag on my counter and let them warm up. They do go bad though, not just drying out but can become less flexible and sponge-like over time. I rarely add anything to them, I just use root powder (my preference) and when they need more moisture that’s when I break out the liquid Karma. It does give them a good boost but only apply it once before they root, otherwise it can be too much. Y’the hole before i’nserting the cuttings, it makes for much better contact with the stem and helps prevent embolisms (air bubbles in the stem that are almost always fatal,

Hope this helps

Will

3 Likes

Lol I actually used year old rapid rooters just 2 months ago they had mostly dried out I simply let them sit in ph’d water before using

1 Like