Randy's Trek 2.0 Combustible Dry Herb Vape

I bought this handy dandy little thing to use while I’m in the woods working for the next 72 days. I was hoping the local shops had a Mighty, Ghost MV1, or a Firefly 2, but they didn’t. Instead of wasting money on a sub-par dry herb vape that cost nearly the same as one of those 3, I decided to get the best of both worlds for only $60 (the price said 70, but they only charged me 60).

At the end of the summer, I’ll get one of those other fancier toys. Til then, this little beast gives a delicious vaped hit at 385F, but if I want to get a good blunt-type rip, I can burn it, too. This tool is genius! It’s an e-pipe and a vape, all in one. Last night, I was taking vape hits til the flavor started getting low, then I combusted it the rest of the way. One tiny bowl lasted 10 hits!

This is going to make sneaking off into the woods to get high significantly easier and more fun than just a regular old vape or a regular old pipe. My blunts are still my favorite way of smoking on the go,but with the risk of forest fires so high, I am worried; I’m taking 60 pre-rolled blunts with me. I’m a blunt lover and this thing is my new electric blunt!

8 Likes

That looks like a cool little device, @blackthumbbetty.

I am an MV1 user but have been considering getting a vape that does not rely on electricity or any hi-tech (just in case LOL).

One such device might be called “DynaVape” or something similar, I have not done any research yet. I saw reference to a device that you heat with a cigar torch or something.

Thanks for posting this.

2 Likes

I have seen the Dyna vape. It’s pretty nifty. I think @DoobieNoobie has one.

For my purposes, however, it’s kind of useless. Imagine walking through the woods trying to torch that thing til it’s hot enough to vape. Omfg, can you imagine the kind of forest fires that could be started? Lol!

4 Likes

Call in the fire brigade…My house sits on the edge of a state forest and is surrounded by trees and other forest like growth. Very careful with fire around here.

What do you think of the DynaVape in terms of performance? How about you @DoobieNoobie? Is the thing worth looking into?

1 Like

Hey, @DoobieNoobie, how do you like your dyna vape?

2 Likes

I love mine. And really it only takes a few seconds of heating to get it to temp. It’s great for small doses while I’m out walking around and don’t want to draw attention to myself. But it has ruined smoking for me. The taste of it is absolutely amazing! I just ordered a Arizer Extreme Q for at home use to get bigger hits. The dynavap is great for maintaining a buzz but takes a few hits to get me there if not already buzzed.

I will say if you haven’t vaporized flower before it’s different than smoking. When you smoke it hits you immediately. When you vape it there’s a slight delay in the effect but it seems to last longer to me.

3 Likes

Thx, @DoobieNoobie, I currently have two Ghost MV1’s which I really like.

Just thinking of a lower tech alternative to add to the arsenal.

I can’t smoke any more, vaping has ruined that! Can’t stand the taste any more.

You mention an Arizer device, what makes it worth considering?

1 Like

Ah I didn’t see who posted before replying. You’ll like it being used to the ghost. It heats fast and gives really nice amount of vapor. I get 2 puffs from one heat or one really long pull. And you can heat a second time to get a little more out of it. But I usually don’t. I just save the ABV because it’s hard not to hit combustion temps if you heat to soon or to long.

1 Like

Yeah, I save mine too. Don’t know why, I have about 1/2 lb of AVP (already vaped product) in jars but have no use for it. I don’t make edibles (doesn’t do it for me and wife doesn’t like using) so thinking of throwing it in the forest.

1 Like

The EQ is like a volcano. It holds much more flower and it also has different options on how to use it. Like a whip or a balloon. And it can be left on without worry about it burning up. So you can use it throughout the day without waiting on preheat. Then just turn it off at night.

1 Like

Hey @blackthumbbetty, I am sorry about hijacking your thread - wasn’t on purpose, just sort of got away from me.

1 Like

If you know anyone else that medicates ask them if they want it. I plan to give it to friends that can’t afford to buy. It helps keep them stocked between purchases.

1 Like

Never thought about keeping the the AVP, I might have to do that! I usually;;y don’t cash it out either. Time for more RSO.

I made some and gave to my neighbor, he has skin cancer, he started applying yesterday. Cant wait for the outcome.

Got the best hit with the Ghost last night at 392 degrees!!!

2 Likes

@blackthumbbetty, I cant help but be nosy… Whatcha doing in the forest for 72 days?

2 Likes

Yeah, that is my favorite temperature. I hit it first with a soft draw for flavor and then hit it hard twice for a kick. Then reload LOL.

3 Likes

She’s working. And I can’t imagine being gone that long. Even driving over the road trucking I rarely stayed out more than a month. 6 weeks max. Now I can’t imagine being gone a weekend lol.

@blackthumbbetty you gonna try a gorilla grow this year?

2 Likes

Not really low tech but might get one of those, just got the “go ahead” from my wife. Anything that keeps the inflammation pain under control.

1 Like

It’s one of the top rated desktop vapes out there. Been around several years so it’s proven technology. Basically a cheap volcano.

The dynavap is the best choice I’ve seen for low tech usage. I only have the stainless steel one. The titanium are pricier but supposedly heat up even faster.

2 Likes

Available on Amazon for $116.75, might pull the trigger…

1 Like

I have an Extreme Q. I really like the bag AND whip option. I find the bag very satisfying.

2 Likes