Random questions

Thats a lovely looking bud nice and dence to me it looks like its very close to harvest it has nice colour have u started ur flush yet and what week of flower are ur plants in

Honestly I think you are looking at beardless bud. But these are mine and actually I’m on the second day of week 11 of flower. I’m just starting to see a few amber trichs and going day by day until they are done. Gsc from ilgm

3 Likes

Bending stems is a common training technique. It can be used to improve light distribution to that stem. It is used more frequently however to shorten taller growing stems by bending them (supercrop). The buds you showed didn’t look to have long stems so the benefit of bending them is limited. Also, they are a fair distance from the light.
I take a different approach. I do a lot of LST to my plants. I also manifold & mainline my plants. That said, as I prepare the plants for flower (flip) I do a basic lollipop. Not drastic. Just to open up the bottom 1/3 of the plant to see what is going on. At that time I am deciding where to prune secondary growth and buds that I know will not amount to much. I also try to see where the main colas will start. What stems are immediately below that point and make a decision if they stay or go. In this photo you can see what branches I thought were worth keeping. Each hanging stem is a main stem & cola from a eight cola mainlined plant.

When I am harvesting and trimming them I very often am thinking I should have pruned this little one. Next time.

5 Likes

What is manifold and mainline, I have not heard these terms before
Sorry if this is a stupid question

4 Likes

I will definitely be working on getting my buds as big as yours, but I will probably have to do a light upgrade. I have two mars hydro 1000, but I know I made a couple of mistakes that surly stunted them. I grew 4 plants and they all turned out different heights, my tallest one I had to super crop in order to keep the lights closer to the short ones, big knuckles

So manifold is topping to the bottom two branches

Top at the second or 3rd node. Keep topping until you have the number of bud sites you want.

5 Likes

I do have another question, I have noticed that only one of my plants has a really strong smell if you put your nose almost directly on them. Has anyone else had this happen, I mean the house has a strong smell but if you get right on them all I can smell is plant or green plant not really Cannabis. Do you think when they are cured they will get there smell? @beardless @Covertgrower @Aussie_autos

1 Like

Im not sure about this maybe one of the other members will know the answer to this one @beardless

Aha there nice buds i think ur were right i was looking at the pics before

Yes they will ripen up as the last 2 weeks of it being grown most strip off all or alot of the fan leaves to allow the light to get the buds better. I would not seal any bags with the sealer until u know for sure that each bag is holding between 58 and 62% rh without exceeding 62% in a 24 hour period. If it holds at a rh between the 2 then u can put the product into Grove bags and seal them up anything else I’d wait atleast a month to seal it as u need to open and let air exchanges happen from all the chlorophyll breakdown and conversions that happen during cure time.

Very nice. Excellent series of photos showing the progression. You want 16, well here you go.

They are two very similar pruning and training techniques based on the premise that two equals are better than a single dominant. Mainlining was popularized by a grower named Nugbuckets. Most associate a manifold with the T created by topping the main stem as is done in a main-lined plant. However, the main-line method was modified by and advanced by Nebula Haze. Nebula Haze is one of the co-founders of Growweedeasy DOT com. I encourage you to check out her tutorials and explanations of both methods.
This is one of my Nebula Haze’s manifold

You can see the difference between it and the ones by @oldmarine. Nebula’s has the extra set of branches in the center.

2 Likes

I really don’t have a explanation other than individual plants will exhibit individual characteristics. If I am not mistaken this is referred to as phenotype.
If I have four plants of the same strain in the tent it is rare all 4 are identical. Three may be very similar but the 4th differentiates itself in some way. The trait may be height, color, or trichome development. Or, it could be it’s terpene profile which defines its smell and taste.

1 Like

@Mark0427 @beardless @merlin44 @Covertgrower Here’s a random Question? Those Mylar peices that come with those grow kits .I got 4 of them. Do they do anything for the plants? Reflect light? Anyone use them? Are they just junk?

1 Like

Thanks for the tag but I have never purchased a growing kit so have no idea what they might be for.
I will be interested in what the answer is.

1 Like

Never purchased a kit wether but post a pic of the pieces ur talking about I’m sure someone will know. It might be small samples to really get to see the thickness ect. A pic will tell

Mine came with small pieces, I assume for pin hole light leaks. Unless you’re talking larger?

1 Like

Flower does not need light to mature, however light impacting flower will affect trichomes. @Covertgrower had a valid response you blew off.

If you bag and vacuum seal your dried flower it will turn into a hard lump that is worthless for anything but edibles. You can put flower in a Mason jar and bagseal THAT with no problems. Frankly you would be better off putting in jars and storing in the freezer after cure.

1 Like