Raise the light?

Agree on the super crop. Also agree on lowering the lights. They’re not very powerful lights so you’ll want to get them close to help build bud structure.

3 Likes

Agree with everything stated above , all good suggestions.

2 Likes

That is why I am asking for more information.
If you want to grow large plants you need the tools to accomplish and support that objective.

My apologies. I thought you were talking to the guy who shared the pics with HST.

1 Like

Since this is my first grow I think I’ll leave it alone. I’m not looking for a huge harvest and I’m concerned that I’ll injure the plant too much.

As for the light, Should I just move it up as the top cola grows?
I have read and watched hundreds of videos but… well here I am. :slight_smile:

Raising the light is going to take alot away from the lower growth.
I know how ya feel, just don’t be to worried, they are very tough.
Re-read mr.peats reply above. Tie a string up under that main cola then tie the other end down pulling the cola over a few inches everyday. Do it slow and you’ll be fine. If it was mine I’d reach it and pinch the shit outta that branch and lay her over like a dead dog :sunglasses:
As you lower that main LOWER your light a couple inch’s a day as well :+1: report back next Friday with a much more even canopy and the lights a foot LOWER :metal:

1 Like

Report back a week from today. Deal. :slight_smile:

Won’t that kill it?

1 Like

Like so?

Oh no, just makes um mad like slapping a flite…wait.
No it doesn’t kill them. Use the search bar and search super cropping.

1 Like

Perfect :+1: did you lower your light?

1 Like

Give this a read and bust out your smart phone.
Inquiring minds want to know…

1 Like

I did lower the light.

I did use the search bar. Everything I read said to not crop after the 2nd week of flowering.

Right on, I didn’t see a flower date just your pic somi was guessing still pretty early.
You’ll do just fine tieing her down like you did. Getting the light lower was the most important part :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. Got it lowered.

Today is the first day of week 5 in flowering.

1 Like

After having a look this morning when the lights came back on I see the purpose of this. The top cola was already turned upwards. I was able to pull it a few more inches. So I’m just bringing the top down to the level of most others. Now it makes perfect sense!

2 Likes

Done spewed my love this morn :blush:
:green_heart::green_heart: Glad your here, this place and the people involved are wicked awesome :metal:

2 Likes

It’s looking better today. The light is about 6" above the canopy. Until I get real ones this is what I have. Should I lower them even more or is that a decent distance for now?

As far as hurting the plant goes…its a weed. Go outside and beat a yard weed with a baseball bat. Wait 2 days and you will see it still alive. LOL They will take alot before they die. Stress is part of life, it will make them stronger.

4 Likes

Did you get your DLI reading yet? That will tell you everything, like you said you might not have enough light or to much, we will never know :upside_down_face:

1 Like