Rain Science Pots

Hey everyone, hope your having a great day. Just wanted to post about a new pot I am going to use, and see if anyone has any experience (@Hellraiser I think you use them).

Looks much better than my previous fab pots, plus made in USA! However, at ~85 bucks for 10, they are a bit more. Figure the extra breathing room those roots will get will provide much return on the back end.

Sorry mods if I am out of line posting this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FF44MBF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Happy growing!

3 Likes

Yes I use them, great pots, prefer them over the usual fabric pots and I will actually re-use them where I normally throw fabric pots away after one use, since they are cheap and they look pretty nasty after a grow and my wife would have a fit if I tried to put them in the washing machine.

With the Rain Science mesh pots, I empty them out after the grow, let the roots entangled in the mesh dry up then I soak them in water with a little bleach (in a bucket) then rinse them out and ready for the next grow and they look as good as new. Expensive but worth it, more air to the roots over regular fabric pots. I also like the Radicle mesh pots as well.

3 Likes

Are they good for co-co also?

1 Like

Yes, they are working great with coco.

2 Likes

Just slow methodical watering or any other heads up?

2 Likes

I just water as normal, no slower than usual, the water really doesn’t want to pour out the side anymore than the fabric pots, sometimes I notice a small bead of water go down the outside of the pot if I pour too close to the side of the pot so I try to dump the water/nutes more in the center of the pot around the main trunk but not really a problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for the thread everyone. :+1:
@Hellraiser
@stltimmy1979
@pillsbury

I was looking to purchase more Radicle bags-but no luck. Pulled the trigger on 4 white RS 25g bags. I am replacing my 15g and 20g netpots that were black. I saw the ODgreen trim and the Veteran in me just chuckled. Nice marketing.

On a side note, when I flew over Columbia to go snowboarding in Chile,I grinned and thought of Mr. Escobar.
On the flip side of that note, Hellraiser always brings a smile to my face. I had a gf named KIRSTIE back in the day…loved terrorizing her :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Pills- I am a sucker for them damn flaky biscuits.yum yum yum! :clap:
SL out.

3 Likes

Been into cookies lately, haven’t smoked anything for over a month since I have finally perfected my cookie making. Not great on the dosing but you only want to eat one.

1 Like

Yeah they went out of business, the bags were good but the company had issues of actually shipping and keeping track of orders (lost one of my orders and then took over a month to send bags). I stick with Rain Science grow bags, great product and service always.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser
You are a gentleman and a scholar :facepunch:
SL out.

2 Likes

Thank you all- :clap: :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:
Got my RS bags today. Already transplanted the soil.

SL out.

1 Like

I noticed that the 10pk looks different than the single pots you can buy. Is there a difference other than the colored ring around the top? Is it the same mesh material? Thanks!

1 Like

10pk is the commercial package, a bit cheaper meant in bulk. They lack the carrying handles, I guess if you have 100s of plans you aren’t needing to move them.

I returned mine as I wanted handles (not really a big deal) and I also wanted grommets built in, I can’t recall if the commercial ones had them.

I think I paid 12-13 Buicks a pop.

good luck brother!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply bro!:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

you bet plus if you buy individually you can choose the color of the top

2 Likes