Radical neon pink-magenta hairs

@oldpro be careful it looks like you might have powdery mildew starting to hit your leaves.

1 Like

Wow, really nice, wait till she fattens up for ya ! :star_struck:

@butchbrooks if that girl is root bound, I would get her into a larger pot. She looks worth saving to me

1 Like

Sheā€™s really small. About 2 1/2 feet tall and has about 6 tops. Its about 5 weeks into flowering so Iā€™m just going to let her finish. At the end of the day she will be less than 5% of my total.
A good amount of roots are growing out the bottom of the pot so there is no way to remove plant without damaging them.

im adding molasses. maybe it is sugar

its diatomaceous earth. the only pest control i use :slight_smile:

Tale of 2 grows. Lol Iā€™m in Texas fighting the heat and humidity. Hes in Maine fighting the cold.

2 Likes

Haha. Im fighting the heat as wellā€¦

@oldpro How do you apply the earth ?, and what kind of pests will it fight ? I didnā€™t know you could do that.

1 Like

Yes, it was in the 40ā€™s the other night , but itā€™s supposed to be in upper 80ā€™s for the next few days, and maybe even some sunshine . :sunny: :smile:

1 Like

can be sprinkled right on the plant or around the base. kills any soft bodied insects. pretty much anything but corn borers that ive found. it works so long as it doesnt get wet and is safe to use to day of harvest. organic and washes off with water or the peroxide rinse. like powdering a doughnut :smiley:

2 Likes

Near the top on the pink one, one on each side, are those dried up leaves or dried up nanners?

@oldpro , Thanks, that will come in handy next year, I learn something new every day on this site. Do you always do a peroxide wash ? I guess I should do it . I just kinda felt that it wasnā€™t really needed. what is the water / peroxide ratio you use ?

i havenā€™t tried it yet myself. but im going to in a few weeks :smiley: and im going to try 1 cup to 5 gal

I think what you see are from a nearby pine tree. They fall off the tree all day and they stick to buds but eventually fall off.

1 Like

You can also add a tablespoon of DE to a quart of water, shake it up, and then apply to foliage with a mister. (Make sure that you get ā€œfood gradeā€ DE.) Donā€™t do this to buds or flowers though.

For the wash, mix 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide (3%) in 5 gallons of water. Rinse your weed in that for 15 seconds or so, and then rinse it again in plain water. Ideally, both tubs of rinse water should be RO water, so youā€™re not smoking any solids, aside from your bud. After rinsing it in the H202 and then the plain water, just hang it to dry as you normally would. In a couple of hours, the water that you rinsed them in will dry off, and youā€™ll be at the starting point, in terms of drying, but without bug poop, dust, and other garbage on your weed. Enjoy!

1 Like

i thought DE had to remain dry to work???

2 Likes

Me too. I thought that once you use it, you pretty much have to re-apply after every watering.

1 Like

How is that BUD CANDY working out for you? The guy at the horticulture store tried to sell me a small container of it. I read on the back it is Magnesium and I thought to myself, I am putting CAL MAG in my water every other watering because of the RO water, My plants are exploding but when I seen Magnesium as the ingredient I said not now. My question is what else is in it they didnā€™t list that makes it good? I want my buds to be like Candy. Is there something I am missing? Thx. @Pat2

DE works wet or dry. Itā€™s fossilized ocean plant life, so itā€™s tiny, sharp rocks. From our perspective it appears to be powder (hence while you should be wearing a mask when you apply it because you donā€™t want to inhale the stuff) but to a bug itā€™s sharp pieces of corral that stab and poke their exoskeletons.
I use it mostly to deter ants and only apply food grade DE to the soil around the base of the stalk, but Iā€™ve seen some people that dust the leaves as well.

1 Like