RA,fungus gnats,root bound or ? Please take a look!

Hello again guys,i am 24 days in to flowering and my lower oldest leaves started having yellow veins,drooping AF and then some of them turn completely yellow,sadly it started spreading everywhere.

I ve heard RA or Fungus gnats symptoms are like that,yellow veins drooping and a few days ago i saw one mosquito or mosquito like pest on a “bud”, so today i started searching my 2 girls i used a shitty magnifier and i found nothing on the soil or the leaves and also nothing is flying in the room.

I ve also read that root bound plants can have the same effects so i checked the little holes at the bottom and no roots there.

I water my ladies at 6.5 ph and my runoff of my last watering(31/01) was at 7.0-7.1 also i dont overfeed them with to many nutes because i dont feel ready to do it so i use a local flowering product 5-8-10 npk and micro nuts,my pots are 8 litters big and another problem i think i have is with the runoff,its just too much,i feed them 2 litters of water and i almost get 1 back as runoff.

The temp is around 21-25 daytime and 16-19 nighttime.

Thank you for any replies!

2 Likes

@nemereth

8 liters is not a very big pot.
If you are giving two liters of water, and getting one back as runoff… You are probably rootbound.
If you don’t see any roots around your drain holes, just grab the stem of the plant flip it upside down and lift your pot off you, probably have roots running around in circles in the bottom of your pots.

But to be totally honest with you, that looks more like a nitrogen deficiency… a deficient plant will consume itself from the bottom up.
You might want to consider feeding her a little.
Your NPK of 5-8-10 should be okay.
Your plants are in flowering, so they are going to want to eat, and drink… A lot!
Feed, water, water, feed, water, water!

2 Likes

Off hand I would say a little less watering and a little more nutrients. … but just to be sure you should fill out a support ticket. …
Others will chim in… see what they say…

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

She looks hungry in my opinion, I’d give more nutrients personally. But the others were right with what they said, you may be root bound also.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

@Traumamedic i feed them every 5-7 days because i wait the first inch to dry completely ,the 3rd maybe 4th day i see the first signs of drooping every time but my soil is still wet underneath the surface and in fear of rot or fungus gnats i dont rewater until i feel the soil is dry with my finger.,am i doing it completely wrong? :fearful:
And if 5-8-10 is fine why do i get this yellow veins and the drooping?i feed them 7ml and it goes like this
feed,feed,water,feed,feed,water.
I have 25LT pots waiting for them but i dont want to stun them since they are deep in flowering,should i do it anyway?

@ktreez420 @peachfuzz Once i tried feed the girls a little more(last week) +1ml but i started see some spots the day after so i thought 7ml was the limit.
Ofc i will fill a support ticket later on ,no problem at all!!

Thank you for your replies guys,i appreciate it :heart_eyes:

@nemereth

I hope this helps

Will

Solution to fixing a Nitrogen deficiency

Avoid excessive ammonium nitrogen, which can interfere with other nutrients. Too much N delays flowering. Plants should be allowed to become N-deficient late in flowering for best flavor.
A goof solid N-P-K ratio will fix any nitrogen deficiency. Any chemical or organic fertilizers that have Nitrogen in them will fix a nitrogen deficiency., Peters all purpose plant food 20-20-20 is good, Miracle grow All purpose plant food, Miracle grow Tomato plant food, (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) as well and blood meal! If you need to give your plants a quick solution to nitrogen and you want to use blood meal, I suggest making it into a tea for faster use, where blood meal is slow acting, but when made into a tea it works quicker! Other sources of nitrogen are dried blood, Cotton seed meal which is slow acting, Insect eating bat guano which is fast acting. Bone meal which is a gradual absorption when not made into a tea.( also excellent source of phosphorus). Fish Meal Or Fish Emulsion is a good source of nitrogen and is medium acting. Worm castings, which is gradual absorption. Seabird guano, All purpose Millennia Seabird guano, Orginal Seabird guano All Purpose, Crabshell ,which is slow absorption. Fox Farm Grow Big, which is fast acting. ( can bring down your ph as well)
Here are a list of things that help fix a Nitrogen D

As for Fungus Gants The potato works great

Put potato slices on the surface of the soil. The larvae like it and will be drawn to it… After about 4 to 5 days, remove the potato slices with the larvae. To get rid of them you can do a lot of things like either use a NO pest strip, neem oil or putting sand on the surface of the soil will suffocate the eggs and get rid of them as well. Tobacco juice kills them, and works well for re-occurrences!

3 Likes

I just ordered yellow sticky strips this morning for only seven bucks for 15 double-sided cards, you put them in so you can catch and keep track of any Little Critters or at least the black ones, so if you’re worried about fungus gnats that’s the way to go, also put a fan on the floor and in two weeks will all be gone, nematodes will also take care of gnats

• best of luck

Edit: …didn’t see the above information but I’ll leave that, it’s some basic information on fungus gnats

2 Likes

@garrigan62 It did help thank you very much,I have a 9-9-9 product i suppose i can use that on the next feed and see how it goes.

@Paranorman Yes i m going to order some yellow sticky strips First thing tomorrow and use a fan as well.

Ok then guys thanks!!!

I didnt want to start feed them +Nitrogen without knowing whats going on, but since u guys believe thats the problem im gonna start the “treatment” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well I don’t know if you have gnats or not but I know the information I posted is for treating gnats LOL

a good thing to do is to not keep your soil to moist and that will also help keep any Nat issues at a minimum, and the fan should really help you out but it takes a little while for that to break their cycle

…good luck and if you have anymore questions just holla! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

The ph at the rootzone is too high which is causing problems. Try to get your runoff ph too around 6.5[quote=“nemereth, post:1, topic:8901”]
I water my ladies at 6.5 ph and my runoff of my last watering(31/01) was at 7.0-7.1
[/quote]

1 Like

Possibly a nitrogen deficiency. I had fungas gnats you will see them if you do. Put a potato slice on top of the soul it will draw out the larva. Let the soil completely dry out. Also add more wind it will help

1 Like

@Kush5, very interesting observation and one to remember. Thanks, Mike

1 Like