R0ck’s 2nd Grow

Pretty easy with the Magical Butter Machine to make the tincture. Then, I just followed their recipe for gummies. Very good!

Day 3 Update 11/27

Plants are all growing pretty quickly, a little stretchy so far, but I left room in the solo cups to add soil if they stretch too much. HLG 260W light is dimmed all the way down, so it should be around 100watts currently and 32” or so above the little plants.

Cleaned the 6” fans out completely today, so they look brand new. Turned them on low to create a cross breeze and get the plants moving and working on their strength. Exhaust fan is also on now.

Finally, anyone that followed my first grow knows I had a really bad addiction to overwatering. This time around, I weighed the solo cups before I watered them so I could have a better idea of when it’s time to water again. They felt light today, but when I weighed them there appeared to still be some water in there (in addition to the soil still looking moist on top. I imagine they will be ready for their first watering tomorrow.

7 Likes

Day 4 Update 11/28

Things are going well, noticeable growth every day and everyone was ready to be watered today. 4oz. 6.5 pH water for each plant, which was enough to get some runoff.

Only issue I currently face is temperature! It’s cool for Southern California right now and with the light on 24/7 currently the tent is averaging 68 degrees! Luckily, ATF is from Alaska originally, so I don’t think the plants mind the temp. at all. I want to avoid getting a space heater so as to avoid burning my house down, but I may run the heater to warm the tent up.

Not much to see, but I think everything is on schedule!

6 Likes

Day 5 Update 11/29

Things are looking good, growing every day. My plan is to go solo cups —-> 1 gallon plastic pots —> 7 gallon fabric pots depending on how these plants progress.

@Hellraiser everything looking ok to you?

• When would you start increasing light power? I’m at about half power right now on the 260W, and I don’t see any ill effects.
  • When would you switch to 18/6 schedule? I’m on 24/7 since I planted the seeds.

Thank you!

3 Likes

They look great, right where they should be. I start throwing more watts at them after transplant, don’t really need much more til then, but once in bigger pots and you need more light spread then kick it up some but not too much at once, like 25 watts every few days to a week.

You could switch to 18/6 now as they look good and are past the critical newborn stage. I usually switch to 18/6 after a week or so above ground.

3 Likes

Great thank you!

I’ll switch on Day 7 above ground.

And I will increase the lights after transplant.

Time to start shipping for an RO system and Advance Nutrients too!

2 Likes

gonna tag along here ! looking good

Boxer friends are always welcome of course.

1 Like

looks like you are set up for success my friend.

4 Likes

Gods that boy is strong

4 Likes

Day 7 Update 12/01

Watered plants 3,4,5 tonight. The other two solo cups were still a little heavy, so I held off a day. I’m surprised the three plants were ready to be watered, because I just watered them to run-off 3 days ago… 4oz. of water each and a good amount of run off. Anyway, that certainly isn’t a bad thing, we have 5 healthy plants and who could ask for more at this stage?

Everything looks good to me. They are slightly dancing in the wind at this point, stems getting stronger/thiccer :wink:

5 Likes

Hahah that face

Day 8, Week 2 Update

Watered plants 1,2 today with 4oz. 6.5pH water. 1 and 2 are a little smaller than the others, but these plants are growing like crazy. I keep forgetting to set the timer lol… in the morning, I will set them on 18/6 schedule. I’m going to do lights off from 11:00AM to 5:00PM, so the lights keep the tent warm at night.

They have all grown up into the breeze created by the 6” fans and I think it may be too strong at this point, so I’m going to raise them in the morning a few inches to lower the wind exposure. I think that’s why the leaves may look a little crinkly, too much breeze.

8 Likes

@Hellraiser

Trying to do some long-term planning for this grow… I’m planning a 8-10 week veg. and I’m going to try your SCROG strategy to hopefully support some massive buds.

-To get the most out of this style in a 4x4 tent, where would you recommend topping?

• After topping, I pretty much just let the plants grow until week 7 or 9 and at that point install the screen and try to get one branch through each hole in the screen?
1 Like

Also, I’ve made the decision to follow teacher once more into the breach. Last night I ordered Jacks 321, and I am kind of relieved because it seems like a much more simple step up from FF Trio than it would have been going to Advanced Nutrients.

From what I understand, the base covers pretty much everything you need and then I can add to it if necessary. The cost is crazy low for what you get and I’m excited to give it a shot.

FF Trio worked great for my first grow, but if you want to grow monsters AND employ a SCROG, then you are going to run into some trouble mostly due to the flushing requirements. Moving 7 gallon bags of soil with large plants into my shower to flush wasn’t all that enjoyable frankly, and I’m hoping to have JACKS dialed in enough to avoid the need to flush at any point. I’ll water until runoff, effectively doing a mini-flush every time and that will be that!

I’m also going to try to feed every watering.

6 Likes

Day 10 12/04 Update

Plants are doing really well! Noticeable growth every day and #3,4,5 were all ready for water. So, I added a little soil to each and gave them 4oz. of water.

6 Likes

#1 and 2 watered today and topped with soil… 12/05

Sorry, I use this as my grow journal lol

2 Likes

Yep, try to setup the number of branches to the number of grid squares or holes. I use a 36 square screen so with 4 plants, I want 36 branches or close to it to fill out the screen, That’s 9 branches a plant and I’ll usually just do 8 branches. So to get 8 branches per plant, top above the 4th real node. Then just let those branches grow, removing any sucker branches from them and growth lower down. Before flowering, do the final transplant then put them in the screen trying to create an even canopy, make taller branches go to farther holes to eat up some vertical space.

Plants look great!

5 Likes

Day 13 Update 12/07

Expected to water today, but it looks like tomorrow (maybe because I added soil before the last watering).

Things are going well, my temps are a little lower than you would like to see- 68 currently in the tent with 34 rH… we don’t really heat our house and I’m afraid of space heaters, so the seedlings have had to make due with cool temps. As I said before, this strain originated in Alaska, so I think we will be good.

Awesome growth but I believe an early contender for the cull has emerged. Middle rear is falling behind.

6 Likes

Day 14 Update 12/08

Glad I waited a day to water. Gave 4oz. to plants 3-5 tonight. This time it was 4 days between watering, but like I mentioned before I added more soil before the previous watering, so I think more water was retained. I would expect days between watering to fall quickly now, because we’ve got some decent sized plants growing now!

4 Likes