R0ck’s 2nd Grow

I also need to start working on cloning. I’d like to start keeping mother plants for the best phenotypes I encounter with favored strains, or at least start by continually cloning. Really my only regret from the first two grows is that I didn’t clone a few awesome phenos.

3 Likes

You’d match him with that indoor grow space he has, he could grow 15ft. plants in that thing.

1 Like

Updating this grow: I’ve worked my way down to 62-70% on the 3 mason jars, so we are at our near the cure zone. No signs of issues from the humidity being too high.

Not looking forward to re-weighing, because I’m sure I lost a lot of weight now that the buds aren’t soaking wet lol.

2 Likes

I still have regrets over not cloning a plant I had about 18 years ago, was a “Who’s Your Daddy” strain meaning the breeder had no idea which male plant impregnated his baby mama so impossible to re-create it. Was absolutely the best bud I had ever smoked and after smoking the few ounces I got from her, it was gone, still miss that awesome bud, was a unicorn that I let get away. Not gonna let that happen again.

3 Likes

Yep, just need a 20’ tall grow room, would grow some real monsters.

3 Likes

Just watched Remo pull a cola down that was as long as his forearm + fist and the top was way bigger than his closed fist. He took it out on his deck, which is of course buried by treees in what I assume is Canada. That kind of sounds like an awesome life, he probably pulls 75 pounds/grow out of that damn room.

If I ever went commercial, I think I would put one of those pre fab grow rooms inside a warehouse.

4 Likes

That’s the one thing I miss about growing christmas tree style plants (not topping) that huge top cola.

3 Likes

I’ve actually been thinking of growing a giant plant like that for Christmas and having a stoner Christmas celebration. Send everyone home with flowers.

4 Likes

I did something similar for last new year’s party and sent everyone home with a nice Blue Dream top bud, bunch of happy stoners for sure.

4 Likes

Send em home with Blue Dream and Taco Bell and you’ve got friends for life.

Beautiful flowers, man.

4 Likes

Plant #2 trimmed tonight… of course, this one was over dried, so it has to be because I ran the dehumidifier in order to keep the humidity down in the other tent that still has plants finishing up. Ok, makes sense, I need to figure out a better drying situation next time for sure.

Anyway, 4.10oz. off this plant. Unfortunately, I will fall well short of my original goal of 1lb., but the quality is going to be very good. I’ll take more pictures tomorrow night, but this plant ended up being very very frosty:

5 Likes

Looks like some great bud, so frosty!

2 Likes

Here are some shots of Plant #1 flowers ground up:

3 Likes

Humidity is ranging from 56-59% after about 9 hours, so I just might have timed this trim right fingers crossed

So far:

Plant #1: 2.29oz. (Down from 3.5 pre-cure)
Plant #2: 4.10oz.

Think the last two will be very similar in weight, so most likely a 11-12 oz. harvest but at least it’s very high quality.

3 Likes

I was wiped out and didn’t have the stamina to take a lot of pictures, but I was astounded by the coverage on this plant. It’s right there with Plant #1 or just behind.

Very good seeds from Pacific Seed Bank. I had a long period in which I couldn’t devote the proper time to maximizing this grow, and even through that and some struggles with under watering and over feeding the plants all just persevered.

This grow kind of reignited my interest in growing without question. This is something I could see myself doing in semi-retirement if I can grind me way to early freedom.

3 Likes

48 hours of darkness done on the last two plants. I am a big proponent of the dark period, this grow had a similar result as my first, plants go in very frosty and come out almost glistening. Anyway, Hellraiser does it and I’d follow him through the gates of hell, so I’ll keep doing it on future grows.

Plant #3 (Shorty) I’m predicting just 2oz., but very good quality. Plenty of trichomes, just a plant I struggled with during the grow.

7 Likes

Plant #4 I’ll predict 4.5oz. Very similar to Plant #2, w we pups have been a good clone candidate for sure.

8 Likes

Just caught up on the thread bro. Congratulations on a killer run. That leaner is hilarious. I had some similar ones. Mine are hanging now. 68 degrees and 60% humidity. Hoping to start trimming next week sometime.
In other news… Basil (Bazoo) is going to be a father soon. He sired a litter that’s due at the end of the month. Can’t wait to see the little coneheads running around.

1 Like