R0ck’s 1st Grow Journal: NTF and Blueberry

#1 is due to be watered today, #3 in a day or two, so we are good there.

I have a dehumidifier and the extra humidity might a actually help because my drying tent has been between 40 and 44 rH for the most part.

My options are basically:
-Wait until all 3 are done in a week
-Put the two in the drying tent today

1 Like

If you like a little couch lock like I do, then I’d do option 1, give em all another week and take together.

My wife and I prefer the euphoric sort of high…

People I’m going to be sharing with like couch lock lol. Since I’m doing 48 hours of dark, I think I’ll pull them today and let the last one cook for a week.

1 Like

Felt much better tonight after looking at the two plants again, I think they are fully cooked to our liking… I put them in the tent for 48 to 72 hours of dark tonight! Only one left to go!!

Some trichome pictures and group pics before I removed the back left and front right plants:

5 Likes

Well done :100::100::100::blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you, friend! We are almost across the finish line.

Looking good :+1:

1 Like

Very nicely done! Congrats :hotsprings:

@Hellraiser @Green707Thumb

Overall my house and the tent smells like cannabis lol, but I took a close smell of the Blueberry that has been hanging for 2 days and there was what seemed like a hay smell.

Tent has been at about 70-78 and 40-45% humidity while drying. I know I want to get it to like 70 and 50% ideally, but having a very hard time doing that.

• Quick searches tell me it’s not ideal, but that the cure will remove the smell. Should I be concerned?
2 Likes

@R0ck The real smell of the bud is heavily masked early on in drying, mostly by the excess vegetation/leaf still on the colas - worry not!

Evaluate the smell after the dry trim session and the nugs go into the jars :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Phew!

The Blueberry we were talking about is amazing, my friend. My wife said it’s the best weed she has ever smoked, and I am inclined to agree.

Which is amazing because all we have used is the very bottom C grade buds, which I microwaved lol.

Euphoric, focused. Just the way I really like it and her as well. I was reading a book last night and perfectly able to focus and visualize what was happening. For someone whose mind is always wandering, it was a real treat.

3 Likes

No worries, perfectly normal.

Double phew! Thank you!!

I’m a little concerned that this plant got burned a bit (I’ve had temps. over 80 a couple of times lately) and/or this and the other NTF wanted more nutrients than I was giving throughout flowering. The fan leaves have almost completely crisped and I even see some drying sugar leaves, so I’m just holding out as long as I can in the event the buds start to be directly impacted.

I’m not too concerned because I’ve got 3 nearly across the finish line and it’s all icing at this point but that is the best part.

2 Likes

I’m also going to remove all of the dead leaves tomorrow night to get a better idea.

May be best to chop sooner than later if you’re seeing sugar leaf damage imho - wonder what happened?

Should be fine🖖🏼

I am thinking the strain was a lot hungrier than Blueberry… you can see the sheer size of the colas, I think it was just a monster yielding plant and I didn’t keep up with the nutrients. I’m going to re-veg and see if we can’t do better!

Lights off in 9 hours, I’ll send her into 48 hour dark.

@Green707Thumb

Chopped the second Blueberry plant tonight (this is plant #2)

5 Likes

Like Geoge Thurogood says. I trim alone with nobody else.

1 Like

Worked from about 8:30 last night until 3:45AM chopping Plant #1 (NTF) and Plant #2 (BB). These two were in the dark for I believe 72 hours or thereabouts, and again I am confident there was a significant increase in trichome coverage after the dark period, so I plan to continue incorporating dark periods in future grows.

Plant #2 Blueberry is the big surprise so far, combination of great trichome coverage and what I think may be the second most yield of my four plants… if this one smokes as well as the other Blueberry, it’s a great candidate for cloning and keeping long-term.

Plant #1 NTF: May not yield as much as I had expected, but trichome coverage improved near the end and I think it will be great…

8 Likes