Quick Wash Ethanol Tincture

Yes. If you’re in a hurry, once it’s down low, you can skim the remaining fluid off and use that as nice, strong tincture. Then, use the oil in edibles.

1 Like

I’m in no hurry, and I have plenty of flower to make budder with in the future. What I’m really after is a nice substantial amount of material to make either sublingual drops or capsules with, but leaning more towards drops…

Basically I want a dropper full of goodness lol

You still want to evaporate off as much alcohol as possible, then mix the oil with MCT or hemp seed oil, or another oil. Otherwise, alcohol tinctures burn like a mofo. Plus, you can put that oil into capsules.

2 Likes

Right on. I want to avoid that strong bite of the alcohol as much as possible so I’ll be letting it go as long possible…I assume that it’s all in what you mix it with after it’s been fully evaporated

1 Like

I use about 10ml MCT per gram of cannabis oil for my CBD sublingual tinctures. I take about 1-1½ ml total, per day.

1 Like

I’m sorry, MCT stands for?

Medium chain triglycerides, which is typically derived from coconuts.

I did a search and found a whole slew on Amazon :ok_hand:

Do you add any flavoring or just go with the MCT and canna oil? At that viscosity it’s easily doseable sublingual? Sorry for so many questions, this whole thing intrigues me and I’m very interested in being able to repeat this process :grin:

2 Likes

Once mixed with the carrier oil, it makes lovely tincture. I add a few terps into it, lately a Durban Poison strain profile of terps, but it’s not necessary.

I have found my perfect dose, which is ⅓ of a dropper, 3x a day or more, as needed. This is for a very high CBD hemp extract.

2 Likes

Ty very much! :grin:

Will report back once I get on with it :+1:

1 Like

Okay, I did it this way and left it on a shelf for a week or two, absolutely no heat, and got black tarry resin globs. Only heated to decarb. Ideas?

2 Likes

That’s cannabis oil. Perfectly fine. When the solvent is gone, that’s what it looks like. Good stuff! About 600-750mg cannabinoids per gram, rough estimate.

If you want tincture from it, mix in some MCT, glycerin, alcohol, or whatever carrier fluid you prefer. The bottom left could have been used as tincture, as is, but I prefer to allow all the solvent to evaporate off, then mix it with something that doesn’t burn like alcohol does.

Plus, this gooey stuff is great for edibles. 1 gram makes about 6-10 servings.

6 Likes

@blackthumbbetty, thankyou so much for putting this kind of stuff. I haven’t begun my extracting adventures as we were buying weed… ill be bothering you soon buddy… but this is great. thankyou :pray:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! Extracting makes weed good to the last drop!

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty, does 1 gram of oil extracted from trim
as potent as 1 gram of oil extracted from bud?
I am continuing working on a still to recover the everclear
as I don’t have the $ for the “source”.

1 Like

Pretty much the same, but only if you winterize and properly strain it. If you don’t, then the gram of trim oil might have more waxes/lipids/plant material than the bud oil. However, in general, once it’s extracted down to oil, if your oil is made with trim/bud from the same plant, the end result will have similar potency.

You will need about 5x the amount of trim as you do bud.

2 Likes

BTB, thanx for the quick reply. On my first trial run I obtained 6g of oil from 50g of plant material gathered through out its growing cycle. Not being sure of the potency, I cut this with 72 cc of coconut oil for 36 (2 cc) doses.
Fairly successful results: 2 cc providing a pain free night for my wife who is recovering from a shoulder replacement surgery

A very, very rough estimate for RSO/FECO is generally 600-750mg of cannabinoids per gram, or 60%-75% cannabinoids. If you winterize it (freeze the solution before straining) and purge it well (remove all the solvent/water/etc), that percentage will increase.

6g from 50g of trim is a great haul!

1 Like