Quick questions: HLG 135 v2 rspec

Hello everyone!
So finally i got my first HLG diy kit.

I have a few questions about it:

1 - if i wanted to use the dimmers, wich one is the one to open and turn? Vo or Io?

2 - what canopy temps should i adjust it to?
Its 24/25°C right now, around 22 inches away…

3 - if i run a cheap chinese led next to it, the chinese led will blow hot air through the sides, how will this affect the HLG?
Should i plan on getting a small fan blowing at the dissipator?

4 - Could i get a Bspec board and interchange it with the Rspec? (cheaper than buying a whole kit) is it worth having a veg specific spectrum, or can i get similar results using the Rspec spectrum as the only light source?

These are some of my initial questions about…
I just set it up in the tent and will pay attention in the next few hours to temps and plants reactions…

Im extremely excited and im so high right now that i had lots of trouble choosing just 4 of the avalanche of questions that i have right now…
My final goal is to get another 135 Rspec soon so i want to learn how to get the most out of it…
Will be reading every post about it around here…

I have these 3 plants, still haven’t shown sex, so as soon as i confirm females, will start a log about them…
There’s an interesting one, the big one…
Let’s say, its an athlete but still don’t know if its a guy or a lady…
Fingers crossed…
Thanks for any input and happy growing everyone :pray::pray::pray::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

Also, lol, could a Diablo board be used with this Driver?

That driver will only run one board. If that’s what you’re asking. The numbers basically tell you the median wattage. So yours is a 120h… meaning it runs ~120w. Another panel needs double.

1 Like

There’s a lot of abnormal questions there. 240w of hlg rspec will do you more than enough beginning to end in a 3x3. Bspec is nice for veg. But it’s not universal like rspec. So it’s a waste unless you have a dedicated veg tent… You’re not even set up for using one driver on different panels since you put yours on your heatsink. Mine isn’t even inside tent. A second 135 rspec would be great for your area.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply man!
What i was asking is if I could use this model of Driver to power a single Diablo board, not to use it on more than one…

It’s just that i read before that the Diablo won’t work with the same drivers as the 288 board

I plan on using this 135 alongside a 128W 3500k Roleadro led for flowering when the time comes, but definitely will be getting at least another 135 Rspec…
I have a 4x4 tent, but to be honest, i don’t really need to fill it with weed, i can get what i need using about 3x3 out of it…

Im sorry if some of my questions don’t make much sense, like i said, i was really high and excited…

Will keep on reading :muscle:

I think you would be pleased with what those two lights produce in a 4x4. Happy growing!

My prop light is roleadro, good company for what it is. But still. Gotta be careful when reading their specs.

My prop light only runs 20w actual. Pretty sure it was advertised higher. But does what I expected it to. Did my research.

1 Like

Oh. Guess I missed the point to that. It has 50 leds. Also uses an S word with 301h and claiming something like top bin. Now those numbers just don’t add up if you do your homework. They definitely aren’t top bin samsung 301 anything.

My Roleadro is a “800W” model :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Turns out, it only pulls around 130W from the wall…
Smartphone light intensity app already proved that the 135 is so much brighter and covers so much more area with high intensity compared to the Roleadro…

1 Like

Exactly my point. Atleast you know what it is now. And with the 135 I think it would definitely impress in a 3x3 or 4x4. But like you said. That quantum board spread is what drops the w/sqft ratio vs old leds. Old is 50/Sq ft. Quantum is much less. I run exactly at above picture in my 3x3. I’m happy with it.

1 Like

So i can cover about 5 sq/ft for flower with the 135, and the Roleadro is probably good for 3 sq/ft on flower…
That gets me about 8 sq/ft to flower in, using both lights, maybe 10 sq/ft…
Will be interesting to see side to side results for both lights…

Yeah basically. One 135 is recommended for 2x2 flower. Two for 3x3. Can 4x4. Just higher levels in the 3x3. For ppfd averages. If I was gonna flower a 4x4 I’d want 3 personally. So like your 135 plus my light. Which is just a cheaper way to build the hlg 260. So two qb 288 rpsec boards. Plus current. Making 3 total. Right now it’s like you have two of course. I’m just too high. You got this. Lol.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking:
Get another 135, then get something like a 260XL kit or even a 350R later down the road…
I say “i don’t need to fill the 4x4”, but it’s just that i can’t afford it right now :rofl:
If everything goes well, ill be filling that tent and probably getting another

That’s how it goes. I started with a 2x4. Now I have a 4x4 and 3x3 as well.

1 Like