Quick question for auto's

what size pot or bag should i use for outdoor auto’s? would 5 gallon be to small? ty, dd.

5 gal for outdoor autos should be good. I did one outside in a 3 gal last year and I wish I would have used a 5 gal.

1 Like

ty for the info :+1:

1 Like

Anytime man!

7 gallon is too big for autos outside, right?

2 Likes

a lot of the ones I have looked at are the same width (5 gal and 7 gal), just an inch or two higher on the 7 gal, so you can always fold the sides down if you want 5 gal instead…

2 Likes

Depends on the strain and conditions, but I’ve heard of people doing autos in 7 gal pots too. The most common I’ve heard is 5 gal for outdoor autos around here.

2 Likes

this is exactly what i do @Ron330
@SmoknGranny @daddydays i’ve only grown autos inside…
3-5 gal inside has been working for me…outside they may produce quite a bit more so you may need theextra leg room…

2 Likes

Thanks Guys. I asked the question for two reasons. One because I have seen it asked before and I’m always curious as to what the next opinion is :grimacing: and two, for small beginner growers like me it’s nice to know that you can buy a package of 7 gallons for photos and still adapt them for autos :+1:.

3 Likes

I used a 7 gallon for an auto inside. It was that big gsc auto I just took down.

1 Like

And she was AWESOME :heart: I do lurk a lot here :rofl:

1 Like

thanks everyone for your input :+1:

1 Like

I don’t see why it would be. You can plant them right in the ground and that’s bigger than 7 gallons.

1 Like