Quick question about potting up/down

I normally grow in 7 gallon pots with coco coir. This time I was low on coir so folded cloth pot down to half size. My question is can I add fresh coir ( it’ll be about 2-3" more coir on top) on the top of existing medium or should I cut the bottom part of cloth pot off, and more coco into another 7 gallon pot with 2-3 gallon worth of new pot in bottom? Thanks

3 Likes

If you were willing to sacrifice the pot by cutting anyway then it would be better to fill another pot and transplant imho.
:+1::v:

1 Like

Good deal. Thanks for your opinion. The reason I asked is the guy at Indoor Gardens said it would be fine to just add more coco on top of current coco. Appreciate your input.

1 Like

I forgot to mention about how much stem u have above soil /coco. If enough room then just top up current pot. :+1:

I’ll have just barely enough room to add it on top. Would you recommend lightly scraping some of the hard outer coating of main stem ( like you do with bottoms of clones?

1 Like

For the few inches that ur going to cover I prob wouldn’t if they’re already well established. :v:

I did it to one with no issues.

1 Like