Quick Germination Question

Are these puppy dog ear cotlyedons normal? I took the humidity dome off while I was at work and the RH went down to 55 for a few hours.

1 Like

I have no experience with rockwool my self. I have had many with the puppy dog ears that you refer to. I wish that I could help with the rockwool. I use either soil in a solo cup for my autos or photos going outside and rapid rooter type plugs for my hydro. :v:

1 Like

I wish I would have went with rapid rooters. I hear a lot of good things about them. Next time I will.

1 Like

I got tiny leaf!

1 Like

I would try to get the shell off the second one. Just carefully spread it apart to get it off while not damaging plant.
I use finger nails to pry them open.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Did it!

1 Like

I may be wrong but to me looks like they are getting leggy, possibly move light a tad closer. I would see what other’s think. Judging by the most recent pic.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I moved the light closer. The CFL is about 1-1/2" to 2" from the top of the taller one. Holding my hand at that height, it’s warm but not hot. How many nodes you think they should have before I start acclimating them to their 600-watt MH? My ballast is dimmable: 50, 75 and 100 percent. So I could start at about 300 watts.

Hey everyone. My leaves look a little yellow. They can’t be needing nutes already, can they? Could it be that I have the CFLs too close and am causing light burn?

@SKORPION
@repins12
@BetrayedSoul
Sorry to tag you all, but I’m in noob panic mode, lol. I noticed that the rockwool cubes were bone dry, so I added some water. The cubes sucked it up eight away. Could that have been it? Any other possibilities judging by the pics?

I would give it time and watch it.

1 Like

Will do. Thanks.

I agree with @SKORPION give it time since it was dry.

1 Like

I agree with both above :v:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for replying. I’m keeping an eye on them. At this point should the rockwool cubes be staying moist all the time? Right now, they’re moist, but not saturated. Is that about right?

I was going to put them into the RDWC tomorrow and continue top watering until the roots hit the water. When should I start acclimating them to the MH?

Moving the girls into their permanent home. I still have to put the 4 buckets RDWC together, but I have everything I need. Just waiting on my 6 inch inline blower and carbon filter to arrive.

I’m starting to acclimate them to the MH. Set at 250 watts right now.

RH 74% Temp 72 F

What do you guys think about that coloring? I think it’s looking better since I am keeping a better eye on the rockwool moisture…

@SKORPION
@repins12

I’m tagging you two because you’re the ones who popped up when I did the @ symbol, lol.

3 Likes

Are you intending on top watering until you get your system hooked up. I have several bubble buckets made up for emergencies or when I need to work on my system :v:

1 Like

Yeah. I’m gonna top water. I should have everything hooked up tomorrow. I guess I’ll still have to top water until the roots hit the water, unless the bubbles wick enough water up the hydroton.

I tested my aeration system just now. Two 15 lpm air pumps between the four buckets. Each bucket will have two air stones. I tested two buckets just now and the water really rolls on top and there’s good crispy splashing.

When I put the plants down in the hydroton, I saw roots coming out the bottom and sides of the cubes

I’m kinda worried about that yellowing between the veins of the leads on the two bigger plants. But now they have more humidity, it’s around 74 RH instead of the 50 that they had when they were upstairs in my bedroom.

Do you think it’ll be ok that I’m acclimating them to the MH now? I have it set at 250 watts and plan on slowly lowering it. It’s about 30" from tops of the plants now. My hand feels cool when I hold it at plant level.

1 Like

Just keep an eye on them

1 Like