Questions regarding amber

To me, it’s chemistry…the components are there…

take a cutting and put it in water…it’s not dead and with skill and luck, new roots grow.

the plant is alive, but dying, till dried.
if the plant is alive, everything it did with roots will continue until there is not enough water.

5 Likes

So true
From the way i understand it
Three days cellular processes continued
To work after harvesting then she dies chlorophyll breaks down releases gases just like other living organisms minus the chlorophyll lol
That would be wild green people walking around …i tell my girl you smoke so much your turning green look into the mirror :laughing:

3 Likes

That does make sense to me, but then I have to wonder…should I take that into consideration when timing my harvest?

It seems like the little time it takes to dry wouldn’t allow for much more change, but a week can make a difference. Not much, but still.

Just something I had never considered before.

Thanks man. More indecision to come. Lol

2 Likes

Ive never been able to time it right like i see on here and YouTube leaves yellowing
But i will say this much the great info ive received from
http://ilgmforum.com
Is making me into a good grower
Id smoke my grow before smoking anything from a club now that i know the things i know

Yes i just did that put a link to this site in the site im in lol

1 Like

Buckin’ for some kind of link badge! Lol

My wife rarely will smoke. She prefers mine, but I was able to get her to hit a bowl of some stuff I purchased from a friend that has a steady supply. Cheap and almost never out.

As soon as the taste hit her mouth she looked at me as if I was stupid. 15 minutes after that she suggested I drop some seeds. Half a second later I was putting the 5 seeds I had put back in some water!:smiling_imp:

Once you have a successful harvest, it’s hard to go back to buying your smoke.

7 Likes

Right i feel you there

1 Like

I have looked around the web for something to back up my statements, but nothing definite yet…but we are talking about the degrading of THC, the ambering, and what drug doesn’t go bad, have a recommended shelf life? Especially an organic compound, grown on a plant?

2 Likes

Spend your time on something more important. More thinking out loud than trying to debate it. My bad.

Shelf life. I wouldn’t know what that is for my smoke. I haven’t grown enough to last long enough to go bad. Lol

I almost had enough to get me through a full year before. Never noticed any decline in the potency. I’m kinda curious now about actual shelf life after a proper cure.

2 Likes

I’m glad I brought up the question! It’s something I’ve been wondering about for a while now. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who thinks that after harvest the plant is still finishing.

1 Like

found in a tomb in China 2,700 year old bud, still green and usable.

David

6 Likes

wow just read the article i want a couple of the seeds they found

1 Like

That is amazing! I don’t need it to store quite that long, but that is something else.

1 Like

In the fridge at 4c keeps it good enough.

David.

So what is the final answer /result? She’s going forward after harvest or not? @ktreez420 @FloridaSon @kabongster

1 Like

this is not scientifically proven, imo, just what I have gotten from reading off this forum and the internet…there may be some more slight ambering but it doesn’t seem to be significant, insignificant probably…most of the improvement comes from proper drying and curing, getting rid of the chlorophyll, keeping it air tight and away from heat and light.

there will be some CBN made as THCa decarboxylates a little to THC then degrades further so it will have some more “couch lock” effect

there are a lot more questions, research needs to be done…it seems mmj has to jump through more regulatory hoops than most pharmaceuticals?

more folks will give better answers

3 Likes

Thx @kabongster… I also tag you in my thread on this subject… Teoretic you right about that… Now will see :wink:

1 Like

Wow, it seems like this took place so long ago!

I think the final consensus was that the buds continue to improve all the way through to the cure. After that, it just stores well.

5 Likes