Questions on Nutrients

As in my set up…and @Nicky stated above I didn’t worry about runoff until about week 6 as I assumed there was plenty of nutes and feeding wouldn’t even be a consideration until probably at least week 6. I do water to runoff in week 4, but that was more for checking ph as I had a girl yellowing and I wanted to verify my ph was good in soil. But after week6 I checked ppms regularly and by week 8 my ppms dropped below desired level and I started a light feeding. But definitely once you start feeding, you will want to get runoff. Hope this kind of helps. Best of luck. Keep us updated. A lot of people here that love to help. :+1:

@Nicky. May [quote=“Nicky, post:19, topic:53013”]
move to a different grow method.
[/quote]

May I ask what method you are using? Yes soil can be a pain. Lol

No soil has built up salts, its feralizers that deposits those salts, so watering to run off is only to check your soils ppm until you need to feed. Once you feed once you should be watering to 20% run off everytime before you feed and then following it right up with a feed appropriately to the ppm run off.

Even kind soil should be fed nutrients, you can get to harvest without it but your lacking yields. Because all soil needs to be mixed with at least 30% perlite for optimal root growth. I Geuss in a big enough pot you wouldn’t need to add nutrients but growing an auto in a 5 gallon your still going to need nutrients if your a top notch grower that has everything else dialed in.

@NugFlush I switched to coco this year and I run it in autopots mixing in 40-50% perlite.
It’s a game Changer

I’m not that familiar with the autopot set up quite yet. Maybe I’ll check it out. @Nicky will set us all straight. :+1::grin:. As far as the runoff and salt build up…let me clarify that yes, what i meant is once he started feeding. I did it before week 6 just to reassure my ph was good. But I didn’t know yiu really had to feed with kind soil. If that’s the case…then what’s the advantage of kind soil versus say FFOF? I thought the whole concept of kind soil technique was so yiu didn’t have to add nutes. That’s why I figured it was. $20 for 5lbs. Lol. But I guess as I explained to @Firsttime71 I guess your setup would play a part in that as well. As far as how much the girls are eating. So I’m coco…do yiu feed at every watering? I need to research the coco. Everyone stay safe and medicated :exploding_head: and enjoy this holiday wknd.

Typo. Supposed to say. So “In” coco. Not “I’m”

When people say super soil they just mean it’s got a great variety of organic ingredients and that it’s hot soil.
Kind soil is hotter than fox farms ocean forest so it lasts longer and it can last to the end depending on how much of it you put in and how big of a pot vs how big of a plant.
The issue is you can’t just pack a 5 gallon bucket full of any soil and expect it to grow to the end.
A soil is either to weak or to hot, if it’s to hot it slows down root development.

You don’t have to feed every watering but you should, in autopots you just fill a reservoir once a week with the nutrient water and they auto feed whenever they are thirsty.

@Nicky How do they auto feed when hungry? I did hydro years ago, but it was the flood/drain method. Reservoir on bottom with a pump, and would flood the top section that held the plants. And then drain back into reservoir. But I had the pump hooked to a timer and would come on three times a day to flood the upper level. But I don’t understand how your plants “auto” feed. Please explain if you can and thanks for the time and input. Always looking to improve. :+1:

Better read my. Journal =p
Autopot guide

Please tag me. I’d love to read it. Thanks