Questions on Amnesia haze

Hello, I am growing a pair of Amnesia Haze feminized plants and they are doing very well for a month now and after doing some reading about the strain on ILGM`s web site I had a few question about it and was hoping some one who is or has grow this strain could help me out.
According to the information they have posted on the strain review it states “The Sativa dominance produces a tall plant that requires little vegetative time due to it’s flowering stretch.” If that is so how little veg time does it need? I ask because I am limited in grow height and do not want to over grow the space I have, granted I am planning to use the staking method to help with that issue. Then my next question it also states " The buds are large and dense with a generous coating of resin requiring approximately 64 days to fully form and mature." now I know every plant is different even in the same strain but is 64 days a normal average for them to flower? I will add in pics of my plants that I took yesterday so you can see where I am at now. Thank you for any help/information you have to offer.

2 Likes

@darkillusion3526. 64 days is the approx time from light switch to 12/12 to harvest. Give or take.
Usually a bit longer.
As far as veg time. Plants won’t flower till they are sexually mature ( when pistils first show ) letting you know they are ready to switch the lights. . :wink::+1::v:
Approx 5-7 weeks of veg time is still required for that to occur. :+1:
I had an 11 ft outdoor sweet amnesia a couple summers ago in a 45 gal barrel cut down so they can get very big. :wink:

2 Likes

@Oldguy Thank you yet again, I’m at 4 weeks veg now I was planning to give them another month before switching to 12/12. I’m kinda amazed with how this is going so far…I thought this was going to somehow take a lot long to grow. Not that I am complaining. P.S. Thanks for the info you gave me on my other post, I raised the lights up and it is already starting to give a little more height to them. :+1:

1 Like

Glad thats working for you. :+1:
And more than welcome. @darkillusion3526. :grin::v:
Just as a side. I flipped my girls at 9 weeks this time. And with a bit of topping and 4 weeks at 12/12 now they’re at 36 inches above soil. :thinking:
Just an FYI on the height thing. :wink:

1 Like

She is a hybrid but the saliva side didn’t show for me until switching to flower. The stretch was all sativa. If you’re height restricted, you’ll want to top her as oldguy stated. It really helps knock down overall height. Mine went 8 weeks veg then 11 weeks flower. She topped once and was a little over 3ft tall.

Day of 12/12 flip

The stretch

The end

4 Likes

And too. He’s only got a 24x24x48 in tent. :scream:

Others covered you pretty good.
Only thing I might add is some strains stretch more than others, as long as you veg for the amount of time you say you will, and you have at least a 6’ tall tent, you’ll have room. It won’t stretch that far.
As you progress in experience, you’ll encourage that stretch, and when they get too tall, you can super crop them back down.
Bending them and tying them down to maintain a required height.
Sativa’s in my experience have the most stretch, but some indica hybrids still have that genetic side that loves the stretch, but most generally don’t stretch much.
Happy growing.

1 Like

That scrog frame in the pic is the one I used for my 2x2 tent. The 4th’ height could be a problem.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking too. Maybe a bigger tent is in order. :wink::v:

1 Like

Only a problem if you have CMH for lighting. Depending on the LED, I’m sure it’ll be okay. Quantum boards you can get 12-18” of the canopy, as long the plants are acclimated.

When you subtract the light distance and pot height you’re down to the plant only allowed 1.5-2ft vertical growth (that’s with the Light heat sink touching the top of the tent). Can be difficult but not impossible with an 80% sativa.

1 Like

@Oldguy Well who am I to go against people who have more experience in this then I do so I have been looking at some bigger tents, my only problem is that its going into my closet and I am limited in space so the best options I have found is either a 32 x 32 x 64 tent or a 48 x 24 x 60 tent. What would be the best of the two for me? My goal is to have a setup that has enough space to grow what I need…not trying to do this for profit, just for me.

1 Like

@darkillusion3526. I’d go with the 48 x 24. Just a bit bigger foot print. And 60 tall should do ok for you. If worst comes to worst you might be able to mount your exhaust fan on the outside and give yourself some extra space inside too if need be :wink::+1:

@Oldguy Okay sounds good to me the tent is only $60 USD so its not a big hit in my wallet. Will give me a chance to better my light setup…my current setup only cost me $60 and I will admit I don’t have it hung up very well. String, modified coat hangars, and electric tape only do so well.

1 Like

@darkillusion3526. I only grow for me too. I am after the quality but quantity is good too. :wink::+1: I’ve got some small link chain that I hang from. Each hole is 3/4 in so I can tailor the height a bit. Made the hooks from an extra link. And no accidental high stress training.:wink::joy:
At least not yet. :crossed_fingers:

Sorry. Crappy pic but you get an idea :wink::v:

@Oldguy Alright just bought and paid for the tent will have it by the 6th and while that is in shipping I`ll be looking at a new lighting setup. Once again thank you. And on that note, I need some sleep…closing and then coming back in to open kills me every time. :sob:

1 Like

I was gonna reply but forgot what I was gonna say…:>)

2 Likes

I hate it when that happens, musta been the wake and bake. Gets me every time :v:

1 Like

@Zeke7777 LOL…to funny

1 Like

@Oldguy Hey just ordered a 4 foot LED light setup that will fit just right with the tent I ordered. Question, I don’t have an exhaust fan what is its purpose. So far I have just been using my 6 inch fan and keeping the top and side ports on my tent open to circulate the air.

1 Like