Questions about Scrog

So I have 9 plants in Veg at the moment. I will be flowering them in my 5x5 grow tent. Do you think it will be possible to build my own

Scrog net using PVC pipe to fit perfectly in the 5x5 and be able to Scrog the 9 plants in the 5x5?

Or is 9 plants to much ?

Thanks

3 Likes

many growers build a frame for their trellis nets using pvc pipe…I am of the school that believes if you crowd your plant she will not produce the best harvest so I would suggest not putting 9 in a 5x5 tent but there are many growers that do just what you are suggesting…hope you have the grow you want

2 Likes

A single screen for 9 plants is a recipe for trouble: none of the plants will finish at the same time, inevitably one or more plants will need individual attention (which they can’t get if locked into a common screen). It’s always a good idea to construct a screen for each plant. That said with your plant density there is likely no room or benefit from SCROG’ing. Now if you were running two plants instead then yes to a screen. Otherwise I’d plan on simply training plants using Supercropping and topping/fimming.

4 Likes

@shaggy808 I built my own and so can you. I also use it at the ceiling after a grow to hang my buds.

5 Likes

Ok gotcha! I have topped the plants twice now. So when they get into flowering and the bud becomes bigger i should just use a net to give support so the branches don’t break?

Can I still do LST or does LST only apply for when a grower is going to do a Scrog?

Thanks for the feedback always very helpful!

1 Like

So how many plants can be scrogged in a 5x5 tent safely?

I LST all of my plants, even the plants that don’t get large enough to justify the SCROG. LST helps even out the canopy and improve overall yield.

2 Likes

I like that!! thank you for the reply! I will continue with the LST!! have a good and stoney day!

2 Likes

Nice @Fieldofdreams …

1 Like

@Fieldofdreams is always creative!!

2 Likes

Oh yeah he is.
KETV05hOXg9T8c5xxh

1 Like

What’s your diagnosis with this problem? Happening from middle down. 2 weeks flower

1 Like

Can you post a few pics of her so I can get a better feel for her @beachglass

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Brought this up so it would be close to compare.

1 Like

Are you seeing N deficiency?

Holy moly. To me it looks kinda like a chlorine problem. You can smell chlorine as soon as it comes out of faucet. I let it sit out for a day.

1 Like

I always let mine sit out for at least 24 hours to de-chlorinate.

Here is another chart. @beachglass