Questions about my 2nd grow / grand daddy purple questions

Hey guys and gals. I will be finishing up my first indoor grow within next month or so, I’ve been looking into my next grow options and definitely decided to grow a couple grand daddy purple plants due to the dense looking buds, colors, smell and taste. My question is that I’m not really sure what seeds would be best for me, what is the difference between photo and auto and does it really make a difference? Again I’m growing indoors and will most likely grow in soil again. Any and all help would be much appreciated, and yes I’m definitely buying seeds from this site.

Thank you

Photo - dependent on you to change the light schedule to commence flowering cycle. Larger yield, higher cannabinoids, and not prone to suffer from grower errors that plague autos. Can be cloned, indefinitely, from only one seed.

Autos - as the name suggest, they are on auto pilot. Each strain comes with a set time schedule. Reduced amounts of food are needed to complete a grow. Prone to grower errors, and these will lead to diminished yields. This is due to the allotted time frame and how they grow. If you make any errors, you loose weeks off of the development; unlike photos. Another downfall, One seed=one plant.

2 Likes

I bought the Indica mix. I want so bad to get GDP in my tent but it’s getting further off with other endeavors. I have never grown an auto but I did just purchase auto Wedding Cake. I am just intrigued by the process but personally with GDP I’d definitely go photoperiod just for the density and amount of bud. Best of luck however you decide. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

Autos are picky little things. I’ve seen people have large yields but not many and definitely not me LOL… I prefer photos - they are much more forgiving for me.

1 Like

@Mjm697 What did you grow on your first run?

1 Like

Most growers use tents, but if not, then autos are much better due to not needing the 12/12 light schedule for flowering to begin, as well as not worrying about light leaks that can cause problems for photos. If you have a tent, then go for photos. They take longer to finish, but you get bigger yields and more control over the vegetative stage.

Most recent completed grow. GDP - not autos.
If you can provide the 12 hours of darkness photos need to flower, then go with photos. If not, growing an auto is better than not growing anything.

I grew a couple autos in an unused bathroom. This is the last auto I grew. Jack Herer.

2 Likes

I have other threads started , sorry I assumed everyone knew, I’m finishing up shortly with mango,banana and blackberry kush photos which I thought were autos😂

3 Likes

Lol first pic makes them look purple, how did the gdp come out?? Beautiful plants!!

1 Like

If you keep one grow to one journal and tag the people who help you, it makes it easier to keep your grow stuff all in one place. Especially for when you (and us) want to go back and look for reference… otherwise, we are all over the place trying to watch and support.

1 Like

It was a good run. I filled up a 3x3 with one plant and two more in the closet in autopots. I took cuttings from the one in the tent. Grew 4 in the tent and two more autopots in the closet.
You can see the complete grow at GDP to start the new year

1 Like