Questions about flipping?

My plants are starting to show their sex. Are there anything I need to do before going 12/12? How do they look? Any thing needed? When do you start on flower nutes?

7 Likes

Plants look great. I dont usually start adding bloom nutes until i see flowers starting.

2 Likes

Depends on your soil. Like my FFOF is over 1.5 years old so I start adding nutrients after 2 weeks. Then it’s game on till the final 2 weeks when I start flushing.

I also run a 12/12 schedule start to finish. My results are undeniable that my system is completely dialed in.

2 Likes

You’re looking good to flip whenever you’re ready. I would follow schedule for whatever nutrient package you are using.

4 Likes

Very nice good job, I would go for it 12/12 going to double in size.

1 Like

Thanks! I started 12/12 today.

2 Likes

I am using the Bergman’s notes. The way I read it is to start on flowertime now. Is that correct? Watered today with growtime.

1 Like

@jcasey once I see the plants start developing the flowers that’s when I consider day one. There is a little transition time between flipping to12/12 and actually start flowering . Hope that helps good luck your plants really look nice.

1 Like

When should I put the HLG QB260’s on full power now that I have flipped? What would be a good place to start on height from canopy?

I usually wait until after transition to hit them with full intensity. You want to end up probably 16-18" above canopy at full power. If you just flipped, start working towards that from wherever you’re at, giving a few days between each increase in intensity.

1 Like