Questions about first grow

![20200706_062149|243x500]
(upload://tEEOdUqLN9xch7uszSFMmQ5A1PS.jpeg)

Hey everybody! New here and started my first grow a few weeks ago from seeds. 3 auto GSC pictured and one OG kush pictured. Just curious if anyone has some pointers. I have them outside just transplanted to these pots and will be transplanting to 5gal totes in about another week I’d think? I have them in fox farm happy frog and will be mixing them with ff ocean when I go to 5gal. Any input is greatly appreciated!! Also just ordered the fox farm trio and wondering on the best schedule. 1 plant had some nute burn which I flushed and seems to be doing a lot better. Let me know!! Thanks =)

1 Like

First of all welcome @Jimbo144. You might be new to the forum but I suspect you’re not new to growing :sunglasses:. Youre all over this and your babies are looking good mate. Great bunch around here, very knowledgeable and willing to share that knowledge. If you need to get anybody’s attention stick @ in front of their user name and they will swing by for a chat. Good luck with your grow buddy :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Davyg thanks !! Actually new to growing in general. Just have been doing my research to try not to mess it up lol thanks for the info!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, great people around to help you. As Davy said.

Get yourself a ppm meter, if you don’t already have one. Since you’re mixing a hot soil with a mild one, you will need to monitor soil ppm out, so you know when to add nutes. Happy growing, best of luck, and again as stated, you’re off to a great start!

2 Likes

It’s all in the research man. Just need to know where to look :sunglasses:. Like @Zee said you will need test kit fairly quickly and there’s a lot of info on here about it. Apera has a great name as does blue lab. What part of the world are you in and are you going for an outdoor or indoor grow

1 Like

@Zee @Davyg north east usa. And as for the ppm tester what should I buy and what rangers am I looking for ? I know I could probably look to find it but since I have your attention haha

2 Likes

I have two Apera meters, one for pH and one for ec. The ec one is basically how much feed they go through. Measured in and out gives you a value. Keep them within that value and you’re halfway there. PH meter speaks for itself. Bluelab does the same with an easy to read scale and a flashing blue diode that sits at said value. Have a look on here for PPM and EC values. Values vary for different styles of growing hydro, coco, soil etc. I asked where you were because one day I will find someone close to me in Edinburgh :wink:

2 Likes

@Jimbo144 welcome to the community alot of very knowledgeable people here to help.

1 Like

@Davyg has you covered. I grow indoor photos. Am very new myself.

If I was new to this and growing outdoor autos, I would use FFOF for entire grow, as it will carry you through 5 to 6 weeks after transplant w/o adding nutes. Just add nutes to push her across the finish line. I used FFOF for veggie stage, and the girls loved it, and made my life easier. It also taught me how to read a plant, as you will learn. Girls started off dark green, and got lighter as they used up nutes in the soil.

Now am using Happy frog, and can read the plants to know if I should add nutes.

@SKORPION is an indoor auto grower using FF line of soil, let’s see if he is around.

As Davy said, lots of research, unfortunately every plant is different, and you can’t cookie cut growing. You will adjust/ make changes as you go.

3 Likes

Never start with a full dose start at half dose and skip nutes until week 5 in happy frog. I’m 3 weeks away from harvest so I just did my last feeding this morning.

2 Likes

@SKORPION thanks!! So mix nutrients in a gallon of water ? Then apply?

2 Likes

Yes I add water then check my run off number then mix my nutes check the numbers then add it. Like this morning my runoff was 600 so added a 1200 batch of water. Always stir the water before you check it to be accurate.

2 Likes

How so you change the ppm in the water ? By adding nutrients? Sorry probably a stupid question

2 Likes

Yeah ppm is parts per million in the water.

2 Likes

Yes. No such thing as a stupid question here.

You’re add parts which each nute you’re adding to the water.

2 Likes

The stupid question is always the one you didn’t ask that makes you feel stupid later. Trust me I learned that the hard way.

2 Likes

FF uses 700 scale in its PPM measures. Here is a simple table converting the constant EC between the two scales. It is handy when reading something which uses PPM or EC. Also what scale a particular PPM pen uses and displays results (PPM, EC or both). I use a HoneForest White PPM pen. It was inexpensive, fast and gives PPM and EC.

Easy on the nutrients when they are young. Not a lot of need yet.

2 Likes