Questions about curing

What size jars are good for curing and how full do u fill them with goodies?thanks

5 Likes

You can use any size. But the larger you use the less of them you have to burp. I have pint jars and have to burp 22 jars. Fill them 3/4 full so you have room to shake the jars and free the buds from sticking to each other

6 Likes

I got big mason jars for big nugs and small mason jars for small, compact nugs. Right now I have 5 big mason jars I’m burping each day and it makes life easier.

3 Likes

Thanks guys

2 Likes

I use quart jars usually, but Bobbydigital absolutely correct. You can use whatever size makes most sense for you.

3 Likes

I do quart size as well and load 50 grams in each one. Any more and it starts to get too densely packed.

3 Likes

I use 2 gallon Food grade buckets

7 Likes

in the jars they go

4 Likes

Try to keep it in a dark place if using clear glass jars @Tinman :+1:

2 Likes

1 quart jars, 4/5 full. Keep them in the dark. Gently rotate/agitate before burping.

1 Like

cut her down yesterday northern auto

10 Likes

She looks great! Congratulations on the harvest

2 Likes

Thanks , I’ve been able to sample my blueberry and amnesia so far they taste good , just jarred bb yesterday, amnesia going in jars today, turning out good for the first grow

3 Likes

Did you get any weight figures? It’s a good data point to show your skill set improving.

2 Likes

79g from the bb auto

2 Likes

I have another bb auto that should be ready soon, looks and smells totally different

1 Like

Question, iam getting ready to put my second go around in jars, i have jars 4 that iam going to reuse, do you guys wash them or leave the nice coating of crystals on the inside ? Thanks

I wash mine now. I reused some of my white widow jars, without washing, for my amnesia haze and the ones I didn’t wash out smell completely different than the ones I did.

3 Likes

Exactly my concern, thanks

1 Like

hope i have enough jars and room

5 Likes